Victor Bodden Advice

whodatgirl

We have booked a Victor Bodden guide to take us around the island in May. Any recommendations of where to tell him/her to go, particularly places/resorts for snorkeling and shopping? I'm thinking the West End may be our best bet, but I'd like to give the guide some specific places.

Thank you.

We used Ali with Victor Bodden for the Island Tour. Arranged fishing through VB for 2 hours,did not catch anything, but had a great time. Ali took us to a quiet place in Half Moon Bay for snorkelling (right hand side of the bay) and for a tour of the island including Coxen Hole. Make sure you stop on your way back at the sugar can stand and get some fresh sugar cane juice.

WE just came off the Valor and Marley from Victor B drove us around...8 of us.

We ended up in the West End and had a nice lunch over there...

We did the Zip Line & Monkeys prior to that..couple stops for trinkets as well....

Great day with a great driver and great company!

This is not expected...the guides will usually just wander off staying nearby but giving you some space/privacy. They are working and that's understood by all parties. However, if you offer them something that would be very nice and much appreciated by not required.

When we bought cokes at the lookout/flea market along the road my husband offerered one to our driver (Joseph)- he wanted one and then led my husband to another vendor- the same price, but he said that this one had cooler beverages, so ours (already purchased) were not as cold.

if you have the guide stop for snacks/lunch do you offer them a meal or not. How do you handle this situation??

We invited our guide to join us for lunch, or course paid for his, and had a very nice time. His favorite place is Foster's in West Bay. We learned a little more about regular life on the island and traded humorous stories about our lives, his life and the island.... most enjoyable.

We just got back from our cruise. We had Derick as our guide from Bodden tours. He was THE BEST!!! There were 8 in our group, and we had our own van. He gave us a very informative and beautiful tour of the island. He stopped often so we could take pictures. He brought us to Half Moon Bay for a relaxing day at the beach. We were the only ones there for most of the day. The snorkeling there was breathtaking, right off the beach was the beautiful coral reef and lots of colorful fish. I think it was $7 to rent the snorkel gear. We had drinks there and had a lobster lunch. Roatan was the highlight of our cruise, and I highly recommend bodden tours!:D

We just got back from our cruise. We had Derick as our guide from Bodden tours. He was THE BEST!!! There were 8 in our group, and we had our own van. He gave us a very informative and beautiful tour of the island. He stopped often so we could take pictures. He brought us to Half Moon Bay for a relaxing day at the beach. We were the only ones there for most of the day. The snorkeling there was breathtaking, right off the beach was the beautiful coral reef and lots of colorful fish. I think it was $7 to rent the snorkel gear. We had drinks there and had a lobster lunch. Roatan was the highlight of our cruise, and I highly recommend bodden tours!:D

What cruise line were you on? Was was the tour name you booked? We're looking for a tour of the island & great snorkeling. Thanks for the information.

We were on the Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans. We booked the private tour. I just told our guide that we wanted a tour of the island and to end up at a beach that we could spend the rest of the day and snorkel. We were very pleased with our tour.

Used VB Tours from Carnival Dream 4/6/10. Had Hector & loved him!!! Went to ship wrecks, saw monkeys (fun pictures), snorkeling & glass bottom boat ride, fish lunch on water, & up to lighthouse/restaurant for the most beautiful view of the island! Great information about the people & back to ship in plenty of time. Would use Hector again!

My wife and I had a private tour with VB tours. Sam was our guide. He took us to a restaurant that serves local cuisine, but they ran out iguana. Never the less, our lunch was tasty and very reasonably priced, I can't say the same for our other ports of call. I had very little expectations for Roatan, but to my amazement, it was definitely one of the highlights of our cruise. We did the best of Roatan which included a stop at the VB headquarters with the monkeys and zip lines, a leisure stroll through the botanical gardens, my wife was happy to see orchids, hummingbirds, and other wildlife ( a great place for photographers ), and various scenic look outs and beaches.

I have to commend Victor for the work he and his company are doing. Victor employs many people and runs a nice organization. If you love to dive, swim, or fish, the waters are crystal clear surrounded by coral reefs, almost like an atoll. Next time I go back, it will be with a scuba tank.

Archived