Snorkeling from shore in Majuhaul

w8ing2cruz

Can anyone give me any feedback on this? Here is our ultimate day:

Nice beach with plenty of loungers/chairs.

Good munchie type food.

Variety of beer/cocktails for sale.

$20/hour massages

Good area to snorkel from shore - but not TOO good ie (too much seagrass) cuz non-snorkelers will want to swim.

We'd rather not do an AI.

Anyone have the perfect gem?

Just grab your gear and head for the taxi stand outside the port area and go to the malecon in Mahahual. Get off at the first taxi stop and walk down the beach til you see the spot of your dreams. If more than one ship is in port that day, go early and walk further south. You'll see massage tables and lounges, places to eat and get refreshments, shopping for crafts, etc. Snorkeling isn't as good near the beach as in other ports, but you may see some fish.

Thanks Crew - do you know if Pez Quatro is an all inclusive? That place sounded like as close to heaven as we could get but I think I read somewhere recently that it's an all inclusive.

When we were in Majuhaul pre hurricane we 'parked' in front of Tapas. It seems that most of the places along the malecon are similar - I was just looking for the one that 'popped'.

Thanks Crew - do you know if Pez Quatro is an all inclusive? That place sounded like as close to heaven as we could get but I think I read somewhere recently that it's an all inclusive.

When we were in Majuhaul pre hurricane we 'parked' in front of Tapas. It seems that most of the places along the malecon are similar - I was just looking for the one that 'popped'.

Tapas is good. PQ is practically next door. I saw beach massueses around there too.

i snorkeled straight out from pez quadro. Just rented gear from a guy on the beach selling banana boat rides and other tours, i paid $12 for 3 hours.

wife got her massage, enjoyed the beach..i drank a beer, snorkled, came in, drank another beer, snorkeled....

not great snorkeling, but..., about a 200yd walk/swim to the little barrier reef. Shallow the entire way except a 20yd swim where you cross the boat channel. Very protected, very safe. Outside the boat channel, there wasnt a spot deeper than 5'.

Archived