Le Havre Rent Car Advice

bcmba

We'll be arriving in Le Havre on Saturday, 7/30 (Golden Princess) and the places i've checked all seem to close at noon. Dropping off after closure is probably ok, but I'd still like to find a company open all day.

Ideas on car rental places that are easiest to get to/from the ship are especially appreciated

When I was researching this topic I learned that the LeHavre airport had extended hours for pick-up and drop-off for rental cars. This may require a taxi to or from your ship. I decided to use a private guide.

Wesley

• 2 weeks later...

After doing more research I found the following if anyone on the Jewell is interested.

Hi all,

I'm Warren and with my wife, Trisha, we are traveling on the Jewell on it's transatlantic trip that starts on May 1 2005. We were looking into what we were going to do on the stop in La Harve on Friday May 13th and decided

to see what private tours were available to Paris from this port. We found one with MBT, Minibus Tours that is interesting.

They offer a tour for 9 hours, 2 hours travel each way, and 5 hours in Paris. They visit the following sites:

The Eiffel Tower, Place de la Concorde, The Louvre, Notre Dame, Opera Garnier, Montmartre, Champs Elysées, Place Vendome... and Lunch on your own. They will recommend someplace for lunch but you have to pay for it yourself.

Their prices are as follows: 550 euros for 1 to 4 people. 700 euros for 5 to 8 people.

This price includes Transportation by private minibus, Services of your English speaking driver and courrier.

Driver meals, Tolls and car park

It does not include:

Admission fees and meals.

The company's web site is at the following URL:

http://www.minibus-tours.com/index.html

We are looking at this as an alternative to the tours to Paris offered by RCI. It becomes very competitive if we can find 3 other couples or 6 other people who are interested in joining us for the trip.

I can be contacted at the following email address if you are interested in sharing a tour at this port.

wwinfl@email.com

By the way we did this kind of tour at 4 ports in the Med in 2003 and had a great time on those tours,

Thanks in advance for reading and hopefully for some of you responding to this post.

Have a great next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We rented a car last year and toured parts of France before joining the Jewel of the Seas in Le Havre. We rented our car from Hertz and dropped if off in Le Havre. We had to take a taxi to the ship. The Hertz office is in the center of town and difficult to locate. It is very small. A taxi could drive you there, but have the exact address. I don't know the hours of operation, but we found the drive from Paris very easy. You'll want to park the car for the day and don't use it in the city.

Archived