Photo of Oasis with Independence in background?

Last week I saw an awesome photo of the Oasis of the Seas, sailing along beside the Independence of the Seas. The Oasis appeared to be three times the size! Does anyone know where I could find that, or a similar photo? Thanks.

It looks like the photo might have been taken on April 3, the day we departed on Oasis. As we left Ft Lauderdale there was a helicopter flying very close to Oasis and it looked like it was taking pictures. Then as we got out of port, we were running side by side with Independence. The helicopter showed up again and was flying between the two ships. Later that day the Captain announced that RCI was taking advantage of the two ships leaving at the same time to take some advertising footage.

I'm surprised they waited so long to do this. When we were sailing on January 2nd during the first seas day (Jan 3rd) we sailed right along side the Navigator of the Seas. It was the middle of the ocean (you know what I mean) so no publicity or anything, just a good experience for all. The Oasis and Indy are together every other weekend though. Maybe no one though of it before now. I think the Indy leaves really soon for Europe year round which may have made them realize it.

Meow,

I'm sure everyone knows that the position of the ships greatly exaggerated the difference in their sizes. I simply thought it was a great picture and worth sharing with fellow Oasis fans.

Yep - I am pretty sure that was from the April 3 sailing as the captain said that they were taking promo footage of the two together. Also, the oasis does look even bigger from that perspective. Similar to the cabin images they post :) It has to do with what is closer, and the lenses used to photograph, etc.

Archived