Baby on board...HELP!

mmsmithcs

I'm answering for mmsmithcs, he's my husband. :) I posted a full review about cruising with our baby on these boards, check it out. FORGET YOUR UMBRELLA STROLLER-BRING THE BIG ONE!! Biggest advice I can give you. Bring your baby monitor--ours is a relatively low priced one and it worked just fine between rooms.

We cruised 4/25 on Freedom of the Seas. It was a great experience. Baby did great sleeping, hubby made a curtain in our balcony room to separate her pack and play from ours (we used the ship's and it was fine, don't bring your own) Feel free to ask any other questions, we'll do our best to answer!

Thanks to everyone for your advice

I'm answering for mmsmithcs, he's my husband. :) I posted a full review about cruising with our baby on these boards, check it out. FORGET YOUR UMBRELLA STROLLER-BRING THE BIG ONE!! Biggest advice I can give you. Bring your baby monitor--ours is a relatively low priced one and it worked just fine between rooms.

We cruised 4/25 on Freedom of the Seas. It was a great experience. Baby did great sleeping, hubby made a curtain in our balcony room to separate her pack and play from ours (we used the ship's and it was fine, don't bring your own) Feel free to ask any other questions, we'll do our best to answer!

Thanks to everyone for your advice

We are sailing to Bermuda and thought the umbrella would be better on the bus or ferry. The big one was better? Our big one is still pretty small and we are going back and forth about it. The chicco only reclines slightly - if you call it reclining so I'm not sure the little guy will get a good rest in it.

Did you have your little one nap on deck? was it too cold? Did you always bring her back to the room?

I have a carrier but i'm used to it being in the front - I guess I can try the back and see how it goes - its an infantino front2back and I think its a tad awkward. Keep meaning to get a new one for toddlers but never seem to do it.

Did you leave the stroller on board when you went off the ship?

Sorry for the long posts and everything. - I'll keep looking for your reveiw. If you could post the link that would be great. :) Thanks so much!!!!!

We are sailing to Bermuda and thought the umbrella would be better on the bus or ferry. The big one was better? Our big one is still pretty small and we are going back and forth about it. The chicco only reclines slightly - if you call it reclining so I'm not sure the little guy will get a good rest in it.

Did you have your little one nap on deck? was it too cold? Did you always bring her back to the room?

I have a carrier but i'm used to it being in the front - I guess I can try the back and see how it goes - its an infantino front2back and I think its a tad awkward. Keep meaning to get a new one for toddlers but never seem to do it.

Did you leave the stroller on board when you went off the ship?

Sorry for the long posts and everything. - I'll keep looking for your reveiw. If you could post the link that would be great. :) Thanks so much!!!!!

I wouldn't buy Infantino anything baby carrier related- their Slingrider killed a lot of babies. Look into an Ergo or a Mei Tai for something safe and easy.

Hi,

We have cruised in the past, but this year we are planning to bring our 14month old with us. This is our first child so have never had any experience cruising with children.

We are hoping for help with the following....

1. Has anyone had experience with the RCCL babysitting service they would care to share?

2. We are planning to spend the evenings after she goes to bed in the in-laws room 2 doors down playing games. Does anyone know of any specific monitor system that works well between rooms. How is the reception. Also does anyone know of any other monitoring systems that would work for these needs such as walkie talkies, phones, wired systems, etc...? (babysitters are out of the question, because she doesn't go to sleep if anyone else is in the room other than people she really knows)

3. Are there any other tips you would suggest for us in ANY area we might have not tought of. (Supplies, things to make the trip easier and fun for her, play options, etc...)

Thanks,

Mark

we used a baby monitor on previous cruises. Once in a suite so we could relax on the large balcony in Alaska & not keeping getting up to peek thru the windows. Other was when we had side by side cabins but not connecting(we had the balcony divider unlocked between cabins for the cruise to easily get back & forth). We were originally assigned cabins that were separated by one other cabin- but asked Carnival if they would contact the guests in the middle cabin & ask them if they would be willing to move (it was ~3 wks prior to cruise that we booked) we offered them either cabin- made no difference to us if they were agreeable. The couple agreed. Had done this once prior on princess. Brought the couple a bottle of wine & chocolates & a thank you card. They later said hello to us during the cruise & said they were happy to move.

I'm also going on EOS on 5/8. We have an 8 month old.

I am concerned about washing bottles with the water in the bathroom. I thought I remembered there being a sign that you really shouldn't drink the water. i'm a little nervous, and have bought an electric sanitizer to bring with us to sanitize the bottles. Does anyone have experience washing bottles in the room?

Have traveled w/ 3 kids & have felt comfortable washing the items in the bathroom- sometimes I would place the items to dry on a closet shelf or desk if room had not been cleaned (to avoid cleaners, etc being sprayed on them). Most of the time we washed everything at night & ther were shelves in the bathroom that we used for drying the bottles/cups, etc- by morning they were dry

Archived