Eligible for Resident rate?

River_Rat

How do you know if you are eligible for a Resident Rate, what state do you have to be from to get the redident rate? I am from Michigan, so could I get it?

.....if the particular sailing has resident rates available for Michigan for the cruise.

:)

wasiii

You have to just put your state in the advanced search and look. Resident rates seem to be pretty last minute from what Iv seen, never remember seeing one a year out for instance.

Put it in the drop down and check, thats all you can do. Iv never gotten a state discount yet on Carnival.

How do you know if you are eligible for a Resident Rate, what state do you have to be from to get the redident rate? I am from Michigan, so could I get it?

Carnival occasionally offers a Resident rate by specific state, on selected cruises. A Resident rate for your specific state may or may not be offered on your specific cruise. You can use the QUICK SEARCH on the Home page to enter your Cruise Info then select Check Specials and select your State - when you eventually get to the P

Rates Page for Your cruise that displays all the FunSelect, FunSaver and Early Saver Rates for your specific Cruise, if there's a "Resident Rate" line also shown, then there's a Resident Rate for Your State being offered. ken

.....if the particular sailing has resident rates available for Michigan for the cruise.

:)

wasiii

When you look at cruises on the Carnival site, you put in your state, if a resident rate is available for you it will show up. Good luck.

and the category you are looking for many not be available for resident discounts. Frustrating, I know, but that's been our experience.

Or you could have a lovely situation like mine where there was a resident rate being advertised according to the search but when you go on to book it turns out its not available and is actually a computer glitch where the senior rate is showing up for some reason. After the past few days I've had trying to get things figured out over a price drop I'm never looking online again and just calling and making them do the booking work.

I just got off a 45 minute call with Carnival regarding this.

When I search for our cruise with the resident rate, a cheaper rate comes up.

However we dont qualify. . no way, no how.

Your best bet is to call carnival directly.

Basically what it comes down to is the site SHOULD filter you out if your state doesn't qualify . . but it doesn't. . . so you think you qualify until you submit a claim or try to book it (online or by phone).

This is per Carnival Representative and Customer service.

Archived