Greece in October

Catsywi

We are visiting Greece on HAL in October 2010 - what can we expect regarding weather, crowds, etc. We have stops in Corfu, Santorini and Argostini - any info on the last mentioned, as I have seen no mentions of it anywhere.

I've been to Greece in both late September and mid October and both times enjoyed temps in the low to mid 70's and lots of sunshine....very nice!

On Santorini, the crowds (or lack of them) will depend on the number of cruise ships that are there on the same day as you are.

Argostoli looks like a nice town, and a quiet one as far as cruise stops go. There is a bit of info online ... here's a link to one site: http://www.kefalonia-island.co.uk/argostoli.html

There's also a Wikipedia article on Argostoli.

Also, I like to check Tripadvisor forums (sister site of CC), especially for ports where it's difficult to find much info here. Here's a link to one thread that might be of interest on Argostoli: http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g189457-i1615-k2124192-Argostoli-Cephalonia_Ionian_Islands.html

We are visiting Greece on HAL in October 2010 - what can we expect regarding weather, crowds, etc. We have stops in Corfu, Santorini and Argostini - any info on the last mentioned, as I have seen no mentions of it anywhere.

We were on a cruise mid-October last year that included Santorini, Rhodes, and Mykonos, and the weather was great, mostly 70s during the day. It can get windy, however, which can be an issue on some of the Islands. Check www.wunderground.com for average temps on the relevant days.

Archived