What can you recommend?

My DH and I just went on the Disney Wonder at the beginning of Jan. However, I was thinking of doing something a little different next time. While we were in port at Port Canaveral the DH saw the Mariner of the Seas and was very impressed. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a ship/cruise iteniary for us. We would be leaving from Port Canaveral (of course), and would like to go somewhere in the Caribbean...at least 4 nights, but no more than 6. And I would really love to visit Key West. Can you help! It seems that RCI offers so many choices that I was a little overwhelmed, so I thought I would ask here...at the experts!

Sounds like you have already checked out the possibilities on the RC website. Just keep in mind that if you've seen and been impressed with the Mariner, the Sovereign is going to seem significantly smaller (and older). A stop at Cococay is a blast!

The Mariner sails 7 day itineraries from Port Canaveral alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean. We enjoyed our cruise on the Mariner significantly more than the 3-night sailing we took on the Disney Wonder.

I don't know if any of the Voyager class ships, of which the Mariner is a part, do less than 7 day itineraries. Check the Royal Caribbean website for any of the 5 ships in the Voyager class: Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, and Mariner (all of the Seas). Mariner is the only one of these that goes to Port Canaveral as far as I know.

All of the Voyagers sail 7 day itineraries and most vary an eastern western plan so that truly hooked cruisers can do Back-to backs.

MARINER - sails from Port Canaveral

VOYAGER -from Miami on Sundays in the winter, and alternate 9 and 5 day cruises from Port Liberty, Bayonne, NJ in the summer (well there is an exception to the rule).

NAVIGATOR - Miami on Saturdays

EXPLORER - Miami on Saturdays

ADVENTURE - San Juan on Sundays (?)

So if you wanted to see Nova Scotia in the summer you could come up north to NJ and sail a Voyager class for 5 days.

Archived