Sheraton on Paradise Island?

maja

A few years ago, we went over to Paradise Island and stayed all day on the beach at the Sheraton. There were no "day passes". I remember we were right by the beach bar right before the Atlantis.

I'd like to do this again. Does anyone know if they've changed their policy and if the Sheraton still exists here? I can't seem to find any info. thanks

A few years ago, we went over to Paradise Island and stayed all day on the beach at the Sheraton. There were no "day passes". I remember we were right by the beach bar right before the Atlantis.

I'd like to do this again. Does anyone know if they've changed their policy and if the Sheraton still exists here? I can't seem to find any info. thanks

The Sheraton Grand on Paradise Island is now the RIU. It's an all-inclusive and day passes run about $90pp. You are not allowed to use their chairs/umbrellas/ facilites without a day pass. You can use the beach next door (cabbage Beach) for free, there's a public pathway on the eastern side of the RIU. Chairs and umbrella rentals are available, I think they are $10 ea. There are no restroom faciities on this beach, which can be an issue for some. Some locals sell drinks and water from thier coolers on the beach.

WOW! I'm glad I asked. Thanks so much! Do you have any other suggestions as far as beaches? Do you know if the Wyndham is still at Cable Beach & if you can use without day pass & just pay as you go?

WOW! I'm glad I asked. Thanks so much! Do you have any other suggestions as far as beaches? Do you know if the Wyndham is still at Cable Beach & if you can use without day pass & just pay as you go?

All hotels these days require day passes.

Wyndham @Cable Beach is $40 pp and includes a buffet lunch

Sheraton (used to be the Radisson - Cable Beach) is $25 for the daypass.

British Colonial Hilton is $40 and Includes a $30 voucher.

Breezes is $60pp

Sandals is $110pp

RIU is $90

Atlantis beach pass is $65/ Water park is $110

Your options are to either purchase a day pass or use a public beach.

Non-guests were packing coolers and parking on the beach and by the pool all day and not spending a dime on the property, so the hotels wised up and now charge for the use of the property and facilities.

We purchased day passes at the RIU two weeks ago. The price was $100 per adult. Another family bought day passes at the same time we did and they were charged $50 each for their children but to be honest, it seemed more of an adult kind of place. Not that it was party-party. There just weren't a lot of activities (which was just fine for us).

I've posted a review of our day on this forum, so you can do a search if you want more information about the RIU. It's all-inclusive (unlimited drinks, buffet lunch). You have to show them your wrist band to get a lounge chair on the beach.

Cabbage Beach is just next door, same beautiful beach. My only concern would be, as Scubagirrl mentioned, there are no bathrooms!

Archived