Spirit Rome to Venice 3rd July

wjf

We will be staying in Civitavecchia for one night pre cruise and Venice for one night post cruise and would be grateful for any personal recommendations regarding hotels in both these ports.

Martha, I wonder whether you know who will be the captain and hot man on this trip?

Also will anybody be joining us!!

Wendy & Norman

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to sail on Spirit on 7/3 and extend with two nights in Venice. Have stayed in Venice before at the Palace Bonvecchiati. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Have sailed many times, but never with Seabourn. Just reading the posts and saw that you are on the same sailing. We hail from New Jersey.

Howdy Sailor's~

Your Captain may be Master Emil Holte ~he's fairly new to Seabourn but all of us throughly enjoyed him last Dec. He's been at sea for many, many years ~a tried/true "Salty dog!" Very personable and alot of fun. The Assn. Maitre'D, the dining room staff and I planned a big surprise for him the 1st formal dinner of the cruise! Of course his invited Guests were all fun loving Sailors and we all enjoyed every minute at his table that evening !!Especially Capt. Holte:p (he approved of our 'lit joke)

Not sure as to your Hotel MG ~I hope Armand is the dining room Maitre'D. If he's aboard you might ask him to prepare steak Diane, tableside! The best on the high seas! (make your request a couple of days in advance)I took Armand a "Superman suit" sooo be ready for him during the Galley Market luncheon ~:eek:

Have a fantastic sailing ~~The Spirit Lady looks beautiful!

Martita B.

I just returned from a superb 2 weeks on the Spirit. As of May 9th, the important personnel on board are.

Captain: Emil Holthe

Hotel Manger: Hubert Buelacher

Maitre d'hotel: Craig Coulson

Cruise Director: Matt Brown

Assistant Cruise Director: Heather Kruetzman

Chef de Cuisine (superb) Andre Gammeter

Hope this helps.

Archived