Holiday Cruising question

I cruise on RCCL Explorer over Christmas and New Years. There were way too many out of control children whose parents got onboard and said well I'm on vacation so do what you want. Other than that - it was a great cruise. I was on the Independence during spring break 2 weeks ago and while there were a lot of children on that - no problems with the kids - well behaved. In fact it was probably the adults not behaving because one afternoon the Captain came on and said Mr. So and So and Mrs. So and So will no longer be permitted alcoholic beverages. Someone must have been making an a$$ out of themselves. I couldn't believe the Captain announced it over the public address system.

We were on Freedom of the Seas for New Year's last year and we had a blast....However, when you look at the pricing of the cruises over the 2 week period of Christmas through New Year's, the prices are easily double what you would pay at any other time of the year. I think that it's even less expensive to cruise during spring break than during Christmas/New Year's. That doesn't even count the price of airline tickets to get to the ship... they are prohibitively expensive at that time too! That said, the ship was beautifully decked out for the holidays. There was an incredible dinner on NYE and the party on NYE was totally over the top. I didn't get up the next day until about noon and we totally planned skipping Cozumel on New Year's day.

Archived