Getting Heebie Jeebies Before Cruise

riddle

[quote=Cruisin' Chick;24052832]
We had a fridge that we though would stop running completely during a cruise, but it lasted until after we returned and were able to shop for a new one.[/quote]

Ours did stop during our last cruise! But I thought it had a problem before we left, so I took out stuff that would spoil and get smelly, and stuff that would be expensive to replace. Hubby thought I was being paranoid, which is why I didn't move everything to the small frig in the garage. We got home, and we both wished I had ignored his "nothing's going to go wrong" spiel.

Bars7816, I also think the house will be in ashes when we return, but I usually don't worry about that until we're on the way home.

It just dawned on me that we leave on a trip tomorrow afternoon, and I haven't done anything yet! Guess I'd better get off CC, print off my lists and get busy!

I concur with the list makers...find they work really well for us too. However, my suggestion is you make the list of all the phone calls to make and nearby people to alert about whatever it s you need them to know, and GIVE IT TO YOUR HUSBAND. Also, the list of last minute things to pick up at Walgrens. There, those are gone. He can check off is responsibilities as they are contacted. As for clean bedding , if you run out of time or energy, just leave the clean linens on the bed with a sign on them " Gone Cruising" and they can look after themselves, Heck, I would even be cheeky enough to ask them to remove the dry sheets I put in the dryer as we left the house if I had done so! Or enlist your more laid back DH once again...my hunch is he would be happy to take some of your stress away, if given the opportunity.

Have a wonderful trip....and as someone esle said, just keep breathing!!!

I too understand the anxiety. I make lists, plan, revisit the lists, on and on.
I have learned something from training at work.
90 % of what we worry about never happens, and the 10 % that does,
we can handle....
It's true..

Sherri

Archived