Music on Conquest

LesaL

My Mom and I are sailing on the Conquest on April 25. She is 77 years old and this is her first cruise. This will be my 8th cruise so I am more concerned about seeing that she has the time of her life. She loves listening to Country music, especially classic Country. Do any of the music venues play that kind of music?

Your response is appreciated.

Lesa

We are on that sailing as well, Have you joined our roll call?

There is a pretty good mix of music, but it is mostly party mixes and carribbean vibe type music.

If you go to Karaoke though, there will be a lot of people doing country seeing as how most of the boat is southerners.

Look forward to meeting up with you on board.

Lots of country when we were on the ship in January. She might also enjoy the music in Alfred's cigar bar. Contrary to what some may feel, it was not extremely smoky in there. There was a wonderful latin-type jazz trio there on Monday (elegant night) after dinner. On deck 3 in the atrium there was also a really good duo, from the Philippines I think.

I too think you should check out the karaoke. Especially the "Conquest" seems to have a really good mix of folks there, and as mentioned above, some excellent country singers. As the week moves forward, the karaoke usually gets better, and better. Maybe folks "loosen up" a bit, or maybe they're doing other activities early in the week, but in any case, I know your Mom will enjoy her cruise.

"SKY"

Archived