Dining Options for solo cruisers

LibraByTheSea

When I boooked, TA recommended Celebrity Select. I have read on the Boards and a couple of friends think thats a big mistake.

I am a female 50+ real estate broker. I am taking this cruise for R&R...going through severe burn out.

One comment was that people who go for that Option tend to group and go to dinner together. As a solo I would just get stuck at a table where everyone knows each other...Traditional seating you become friends by the end of the cruise.

Any advice would be appreciated

When I boooked, TA recommended Celebrity Select. I have read on the Boards and a couple of friends think thats a big mistake.

I am a female 50+ real estate broker. I am taking this cruise for R&R...going through severe burn out.

One comment was that people who go for that Option tend to group and go to dinner together. As a solo I would just get stuck at a table where everyone knows each other...Traditional seating you become friends by the end of the cruise.

Any advice would be appreciated

I cruised solo for a number of years. Except on NCL (which I now avoid for a number of reasons), I always requested traditiional dining at a large table (8 or 10). It always worked out -not only did I enjoy at least a couple of table mates - many of them wanted to introduce me to other solos -- it made a great networking base.

Archived