Transportation from ARL to Stockholm????

ddschur

As noted the Arlanda express is the best way for most people. It is a train but IIRC a roll on one but if you are uncomfortable with your luggage then you are going to want a taxi (Unless there is a special or you are over 65, 2 in a taxi is about the same as the train anyway)

Can anyone provide insights as to best method of transport from airport (ARL) to Grande Hotel in Stockholm?

Will have some big luggage.

Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated!

Well, if you can afford to stay the the Grand I think a taxi is the best way for you. The Arlanda Express is by far the fastest way to the city center but you will still need a cab to the hotel from there.

Enjoy your stay.

Al

I know the airport is quite a distance from downtown. So does anyone have any idea as to the approximate cost for 2 people taking a cab to the downtown area? Also do they take credit cards or only Swedish money?

If you stick with the major cab companies it is a fixed price from the airport to downtown Stockholm ... I think it ranges from SEK 450 to 500, can't remember. Go to the main taxi rank with the "Taxi Host" and make sure you see the fixed price in the window of the cab. They will accept credit cards.

Al

Archived