Tuxedo Rentals

Zoolander

I really like to follow the cruise line policies and rules, and combining that with that we do eat in our suite quite a bit, we have gotten into the lazy/comfortable habit of eating in our rooms on Formal Nights.

I am 6'3" and 250 lbs, so the extra clothes do add up a bit;), but that really isn't the reason I wouldn't take the proper attire on a cruise that has asks for formal wear. I think EVERYONE should follow the policy of dress code. Lots of lines don't have formal nights, if you don't feel you want to dress formal, go with a line that doesn't ask for you to do so. Or, like us, stay in your room. Don't put the onus on the staff to approach you about it. To me its like smokers telling an entire cruise line that "their" policies are unconstitutional and they are infringing on their rights. Idiotic. Sorry, that is a different subject.:eek:

But, lets say, we decide we might want to do the formal nights but don't want to carry my formal wear with us through Alaska.

What would I be looking at for a cost to rent the Formal Wear?:confused:

We will be on the Millennium, first cruise out of Seward next year.

Thanks for your help.

If you go to the Celebrity website and type in "tux rentals" under the search option in the upper right hand corner, you will find links to information about whether or not rentals are available for your particular sailing as well as prices for different tux packages.

Tux rentals are available for all sailings. Not much time required to rent them, this time we sail this Monday, and I was able to rent a tux this morning. Price for a basic tux for your cruise is $85, and an additional $4 for cleaning, any repairs, etc following your cruise. Many other items are available to rent also, like shoes, vests, and in fact you can even buy socks. I have used their service many times, and have always been pleased. Oh yes, make sure you try it on when you board. If something does not quite fit, your room steward will make it right for you.

DH is a large man, and he's been very happy with the tuxes he's rented on Princess. They all use the same rental company. It saves lots of luggage room when you don't need to pack a suit, ties, dress shoes, shirts, etc. He'll be renting again for our Eclipse TA in October.

Just make sure you go to a tux rental place and get measured and use those numbers to order. Try it on right away and if something needs adjustments, your room steward will try to get an exchange made for you.

Or you can eat in a more casual venue. The M class ships have a nice area in the buffet restaurant that becomes a waitor served restaurant in the evenings. Fulll linen and menu service.

Archived