Would you do a 10:50 flight getting off the Glory?

MickeyMickey

No way. It's more than possible that you'd spend half your day at the airport anyway, if you miss your flight, and that'd be crossing your fingers you get a seat on standby. Carnival recommends nothing before noon for a reason. I missed a 2:00 flight once because of hiccups getting the ship itself cleared by Customs. It was a TOTAL pain in the butt. Have you tried looking at earlier afternoon flights out of FLL?

I'd go later and spend half the day at the airport. We're coming off the Glory in a couple of weeks (yay!), and we're on a 6:30 PM flight. That's a little late, but the 3:30 flight was $1000 or so more expensive.

You can always delay your exit from the ship - hang out on the Lido deck until they call the last people, usually around 10:00 or a little later. Getting off the ship, through customs, and to the airport takes an hour or more. Check-in and security at the airport are no hassle when you have lots of time, but they'll still burn 30-60 minutes. There are some nice restaurants at the airport, so you can have a relatively relaxing lunch there as well. (Bummer - looks like the Jack Daniels restaurant is gone - they had great food)

An hour here and an hour there are easy to use up, and the reduction in stress is way worth it IMO.

- Steve

We plan to do self debarkation. Two adults, would you be comfortable doing this or would you go later and spend half the day at the Miami airport?

Not sure what port the Glory leaves and comes into. But if it's Ft. Lauderdale I would definately do the early flight.

Done it several times without a problem out of Miami. The last time we had a 11:00 flight and actually made the 9:30 flight. Sure there are risks but life is just a lesson in risk management.

I would have no problem booking that flight and just doing self debarkation.

The last couple of times we flew out of the Miami airport...it was a ZOO....

one security person checking ids before going through the security screening...

now if you are flying out of FLL...that may be a different story....

no way would I take the chance out of Miami....

When we cruised in July 2008, we were off the boat (not self assist) and to the airport by 9:30 and our flight wasn't until 3:45! I'm still not sure you could make it in time to get through security, especially when they say 90 minutes to 2 hours before you're flight time ~ but I do know you can get to the airport pretty quick if everythin is running smoothly.

Never. I would not book a flight that early no matter how close the airport is. But, I am a Nervous Nelly who likes to get to the airport at least 2 hours before my flight. The flight is at 10:50, but you would need to be at the gate at least 10 - 30 minutes before that, depending on the airline. If you are not a nervous type, and are willing to take a risk.......

I would much rather spend half a day (or all day) in an airport than risk missing my flight. Ship could be late getting to port for any number of reasons...weather, medical emergency, etc. Even if you make it to port, Customs has to clear the ship before anyone gets off, and there can be delays. Lines can be long getting through Immigration and also Bag Check and Security at the airport. I just wouldn't risk it.

Archived