SuperShuttle in New York LGA to port

I've seen some reviews of SuperShuttle in New York that were not too good. But, for my party size I'm wondering if this is my best option.

We have a party of 8 from LGA to the cruise port and back. We are not pressed for time as our flights don't leave until 4:00. So, given the cost $91.00 each way for 8 people, we can't beat it. I've called the 7 limo, etc. and hands down Supershuttle's price can't be beat. If it were just two of us, cab is great -- but for 8 we'd need more than 2 cabs.

Any advice?

I've seen some reviews of SuperShuttle in New York that were not too good. But, for my party size I'm wondering if this is my best option.

We have a party of 8 from LGA to the cruise port and back. We are not pressed for time as our flights don't leave until 4:00. So, given the cost $91.00 each way for 8 people, we can't beat it. I've called the 7 limo, etc. and hands down Supershuttle's price can't be beat. If it were just two of us, cab is great -- but for 8 we'd need more than 2 cabs.

Any advice?

SuperShuttle falls down in NYC because there are just tooooo darn many hotels and places to stop in a very small space and picking up/dropping off takes a LOOOOOONG time. Works well in places like LA and Phoenix where hotels are generally congregated in certain areas-airport, business centers, downtown, etc.

With 8 people, you won't have the stopping/dropping off problem. $91.00 each way to/from LGA to WHERE??? To Newark, it is a good deal. To Manhattan-cabs are about $30-35 each, so not a lot of savings. PLEASE go over and over the arrangements very carefully with SuperShuttle ON THE PHONE. You want to know what you are buying and have no hidden surprises (like tolls, wait time, tips, etc.). Good luck!!!

But

SuperShuttle falls down in NYC because there are just tooooo darn many hotels and places to stop in a very small space and picking up/dropping off takes a LOOOOOONG time. Works well in places like LA and Phoenix where hotels are generally congregated in certain areas-airport, business centers, downtown, etc.

With 8 people, you won't have the stopping/dropping off problem. $91.00 each way to/from LGA to WHERE??? To Newark, it is a good deal. To Manhattan-cabs are about $30-35 each, so not a lot of savings. PLEASE go over and over the arrangements very carefully with SuperShuttle ON THE PHONE. You want to know what you are buying and have no hidden surprises (like tolls, wait time, tips, etc.). Good luck!!!

But

It's LGA to the Manhattan Pier . . . 8 people, would 2 cabs work?

It's LGA to the Manhattan Pier . . . 8 people, would 2 cabs work?

Not generally with any amount of luggage.

If its only LGA to Manhattan, as I posted previously, about the same price with SuperShuttle or THREE cabs. Does SuperShuttle include all fees and taxes and tip on top of hte $91.00. Or are any tolls extra (there really should NOT be a toll, but there MAY be). Just check it out thoroughly. You don't want any surprises. If it was my trip and $91.00 was an inclusive price other than tip, I think that is the way to go. Everyone all together.

Archived