8A new balcony on Ecstasy

sugcarol

We leave on Thursday, the 22nd, and are booked in M246. I'll post pics when we get back. This is our 2nd cruise on the Ecstasy, the first with the kids.

Also, hoping to sign up for the Chef's table, per Mach's recommendation!

Thanks for all the great tips!

Please take a bunch of pictures to show the toal cabin if possible. I am trying to see where everything is located. I understand that there is not a minifridge but maybe you can verify that. I am also interested to see if they replaced the stright back chair in the oceanview cabins with a more comfortable chair once they added the balcony to the oceanviews.

No problem!

Last year, we were in an ocean view, U66. Do you know if I can expect the same room, just with a balcony outside? I am trying to imagine all 4 of us in that room...It was pretty tiny! The girls are 4 and 9, so at least they are little! I thought I had read that the "new" balconies were a bit larger, but i can't confirm that anywhere. Regardless, we will have a GREAT time!!

5 more days!!!

MJ

IMG_0077.jpg?t=1271646520

This was U 206.......sorry I didn't take more. The room is smaller then on the Conquest but there's plenty of room. Actually the shower is bigger then on the Conquest. No sofa....just a table/stand thing and a chair. We loved it !!

Ginnie

IMG_0077.jpg?t=1271646520

This was U 206.......sorry I didn't take more. The room is smaller then on the Conquest but there's plenty of room. Actually the shower is bigger then on the Conquest. No sofa....just a table/stand thing and a chair. We loved it !!

Ginnie

That helps a little. We have an 8A quad balcony on Main deck. What I'm wondering though, is where are the two uppers placed?

• 3 weeks later...
would like to see the balcony for cabin M256 -

many thanks

Wondering the same thing. I am in the same room, but wondering what it looks like with the two uppers out. I heard that you cannot combine the bottom beds to make a queen if you are using the two uppers.

I believe the new extended balconies on the Ecstasy are those on the aft only. The others are just regular balcony size but small i think.

Balconies were added port and starboard also. You can see where the stick out on the deck plans...E82 to E103 on the Empress deck

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_ecstasy/deckplan.aspx?icid=CC_Carnival%20Ecstasy_145

Had a Main Aft balcony on the port side a week or so ago and loved it. Only a chair in there just like all the OV cabins. No sofa like the Conquest.

I thought the balcony size was fine and they came around and washed the glass.

Never cruised that low (deck 5) before, but it was the smoothest yet. I would book early because the price went up by hundreds on the balcony cabins from when we booked.

Never had a chance to get an OBC because over almost a year, the price never ever went down...just up.

Archived