Another Canopy Tour Update

gquest

The canopy tour sent me another email.

"If the tour is being offered through the ship at your sail date, then

you must take the tour through the ship. No walk ups will be allowed.

If the tour is not offered, and you do not go to Tabyana, your

transportation will have to take you to the Canopy Tour sight. Also, if

the tour is not offered to the ship those at Tabyana will get the first

chances. My suggestion is for you to see what is available once onboard."

Heffe & Gatorclaw - are you guys going to book the Tabyana Beach day online or just wait until you get on the ship. I wonder how the new online booking system, offered by Carnival, will affect the availability of some excursions. Should we book the Tabyana Beach Day online or just wait until we get on the ship? Let me know what you guys think.

Ok- Gquest, based on all the info so far, I think I'm going to keep watch on the Carnival site for the canopy tour to see if it pops up. If it does, of course I'm just going to book it online immediately.

However, if it's not online, I'm not going to book the Tabyana Beach day online ahead of time. On the Carnival site it doesn't mention that it is a 'limited' excursion, so I don't think we're risking anything by waiting.

As soon as I get on board, I'm going to check the excursions on the Fun Vision or ask the Information people if they're offering it. If so, I'll book it then or book the Beach Day, and head over first thing in the morning.

Also, if we want to meet up 1st night to discuss, we could arrange that.

This whole thing is becoming quite comical.

But is it me, or are you both seeing this as a "Sign" that maybe we're not suppose to go on this canopy tour? haha...

Heffa72, I was actually thinking the quite the opposite. Let me explain my logic. First, this tour has been available only to NCL passengers for the past few months and now we uncovered that they are now negotiating with Carnival. Second, NCL will not be in Roatan until 12:00 pm or so, giving us ample time to go on the Canopy tour. In fact, the only other ship in Roatan, on the day of our arrival, besides NCL at 12:00pm, is the WindStar. I think I am going to follow Gatorclaw plan and wait until I get on the ship to book the Canopy Tour. The worst case scenario is I have to snorkel and hangout at the beach all day.

Archived