Teen Passport?

CaptData

On the Dawn recently, there was no advertisement for the Teen Passport on board. I went to a bar near Reception and asked if they had it. They did have them on our ship. It's $34.50 and has 20 coupons for frozen drinks, smoothies or sodas. I think it's a really good deal. If you just have one teenager it might also take the place of the soda sticker, depending on how many would be consumed.

OK, so how much is a soda card for a 7 day cruise? I just want to compare for my 13 year old. Also, could I buy a teen passport for my 18 and 20 year old? Or are they considered adults?

I'm not sure about the 18 yr. old, but the 20 yr. old definitely isn't qualified to get one. It's $34.50 and has 20 coupons for frozen drinks, smoothies or sodas. You can buy it before you cruise on the NCL website or once onboard from any bartender or waiter/waitress.

I read on another post that they have discontinued the kids' backpack package, and since I don't want to miss having the smoothie package (teen passport), I've e-mailed my TA to order one for us.....just in case they won't sell them on the ship. If they do, maybe I'll order another one when we set sail.

I'm afraid if they discontinue one kids package, they may do it to another. The teen passport is already off NCL's bon voyage gift list...so you can't buy it online. (as far as I'm aware)

All of the cruise lines I've been on sell a soft-drink package, once on-board. Usually comes with a refillable cup you keep, with a sticker proving payment on your cruise (room key) card. Open to all ages. You have to drink a lot of sodas to get your money's worth, hopefully sugar free ;). $7-8 per day (althought probably more now...), times the number of days for the length of the cruise. You do have to show your cruise card when refilling, so no passing the cup around the family.

OK, so how much is a soda card for a 7 day cruise? I just want to compare for my 13 year old. Also, could I buy a teen passport for my 18 and 20 year old? Or are they considered adults?

The Pepsi sticker is $6.75 per day for the length of your cruise. You have to buy the whole cruise. Do the math and see if the Passport might be a better option. All kids are different. My daughter rarely drinks any soda but my son loves it.

I read on another post that they have discontinued the kids' backpack package, and since I don't want to miss having the smoothie package (teen passport), I've e-mailed my TA to order one for us.....just in case they won't sell them on the ship. If they do, maybe I'll order another one when we set sail.

I'm afraid if they discontinue one kids package, they may do it to another. The teen passport is already off NCL's bon voyage gift list...so you can't buy it online. (as far as I'm aware)

I can't remember if the Kid's Backpack had anything with it besides the soda package. You can still buy he kid's soda sticker at the lower price if your child is 12 and under, I think.

I have a 13 and 17 year old and will be looking into this too!

This is the info I had not sure if its still available. I'll call tomorow.

And for teens ages 13 to 17, the Teen Passport Program offers 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glasses. The teen is also entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., including pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, and an invitation to a 'Farewell Frat Party' on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost. $34.50

I have a 13 and 17 year old and will be looking into this too!

This is the info I had not sure if its still available. I'll call tomorow.

And for teens ages 13 to 17, the Teen Passport Program offers 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glasses. The teen is also entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., including pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, and an invitation to a 'Farewell Frat Party' on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost. $34.50

What you describe here is what we experienced in the past, but it was different on the Dawn earlier this month. It's 20 frozen drinks, smoothies or sodas, but it's much smaller cups now. No party at the end. No DJ or pizza. The price is still the same.

Archived