Black Watch Baltic Cruise 8th - 22nd June

pugwash14

We (4) are cruising the Baltic on the Black Watch - 8th to 22nd June and would like at least 4 more passengers to join the 'Complete St. Petersburg package 2 day tour' with Alla Tours on the 14th & 15th June. This company has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. How much better it would be and probably cheaper, having a small group, seeing all the main attractions as listed, than a coach load of 50+ organised by the cruise ship.

Hi there,

Whilst I am not on this cruise, it is important to bear in mind that if you organise your own excursion you must have a valid Russian visa. If you take an excursion organised by Fred. Olsen they will have a group visa that will cover the whole tour.

Have a great cruise,

Benj

ArchieHector

Hi

Alla tours obtain the visa and it is in the price of the 2 day package. We only need to take our passport, tour ticket issued by Alla Tours and a copy of our passport which contains phoptograph and details, which the immigration officer will keep in his office. The officer after checking documents, gives us a red laminated card which is our pass into the city and our passport and tour ticket are returned to us.

Thank you for your concern and when we visited 10 years ago, we could only go ashore with the excursion organised by the ship. Thank goodness for progress!

on

• 3 weeks later...
We (4) are cruising the Baltic on the Black Watch - 8th to 22nd June and would like at least 4 more passengers to join the 'Complete St. Petersburg package 2 day tour' with Alla Tours on the 14th & 15th June. This company has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. How much better it would be and probably cheaper, having a small group, seeing all the main attractions as listed, than a coach load of 50+ organised by the cruise ship.

We are also 4 going on the same cruise and have just contacted Alla Tours via Trip Advisor. Sadly we are 50+ but feel the same and about being carted around on a coach. We totally understand if you are looking for someone younger to join up with.

I think you'll find that the 50+ refers to the number of passengers on the coach and NOT their ages though I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the majority of cruisers were 50+. They are the people who have the time, the money and the interest to take a cultural cruise such as this. So, Lex4 I'm sure Pugwash would welcome you joining their group for an Alla tour. I have also posted a request for for fellow cruisers to join us when we sail the Baltic on Balmoral in July/Aug but as yet have had no replies.

Thanks for pointing that out. My excuse is being on the web all evening and finally losing the plot! Too much looking at forms that put age as 50+ and gritting my teeth as I tick the box. Hope you manage to find some nice people to do your tour with. Pity we're not going at the same time.

We are two couples, all over 65 and are Lexin good health. We four have done many cruises together and wherever possible, we have avoided using the cruise line coaches for sight-seeing. Our contact with Alla Tours is Katya and it was her who asked us to join cruise critic to try and arrange for at least four other pasengers to join us in order to keep the cost down. If you are interested in joining us for the 'Complete St. Petersburg package 2 day tour' please respond to us and also Alla Tours. The price we have been quoted for 8 people is US$300 per person. We will be away from Thursday, 6th May until Thursday 13th May.

Pugwash 14

Thank you. We would be very interested in joining up to make a group of 8 as it would be far preferable to hanging around with coach trips, and the price is the most reasonable I have come across with a trip advisor recommended tour operators so far. We are two couples -related, two under 65 and two over, also all in good health. I have emailed Katya and asked her to pass you my email details and we can exchange further information. Hope you had a good trip and look forward to hearing rom you on your return. PS Am I gathering you are also from Southampton?

Pleased that you have contacted Katya and I will email her shortly for your email address and she, I hope, will reply by return.

Yes, we come from Southampton and our friends of 45 years, are from Hertfordshire.

Had a week's vacation in Montenegro - 78% mountains but lovely warm weather!

Glad you enjoyed your holiday and missed the miserable weather here. I'm just hopeing we don't get this weather in St Petersburg as friends who went last year said a pair of gloves wouldn't have come a miss!

Look forward to hearing from you soon via email.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted cruisers to know that through Cruise Critic, we have made contact with Lex4 and have planned our stay in St. Petersburg with a 2 day package tour with Alla Tours for eight people:).

So if anyone is doubting this idea of advertising, try it, as it works.

So what will you be getting for your $300. We intend to return to St Petersburg one day and this sounds an interesting idea. There is no doubt that the cruise lines do put a hell of a mark up on their tours so this does seem a very good idea. (And Fred O more than most - all the Norway trips are more with Fred than with P&O by quite a lot).

I think the best thing is for me to let you know what the two day Package Tour with Alla Tours is like when we return in late June. Between the eight of us, we decided to start at 8a.m., instead of 7. 30a.m., as we cannot miss breakfast on board! Also we have changed the last item on the second day, a canal trip instead of an Excursion to Yusupov's Palace. More later when we return ......

Archived