Please...need correct info on Voyager 5-night Canada

Please, would someone who has recently, (within the past few weeks), sailed the Voyager of the Seas 5-night to Canada give me some information?

At what time did boarding begin? Were you on the ship by at least 3 pm?

If you boarded late, was dinner served the first night in the dining room? Early and late seatings?

What time was the muster drill?

Once you boarded, was lunch available in the Windjammer?

Was there a sail-away party on deck at 10 pm.?
Or some other type of sail-away activity?

Was there any evening entertainment that was good? I have heard that the 5-night to Canada sailings are pretty quiet and relaxed....was that true during your cruise?

Thanks

Monarch of the Seas 4/02
Disney Wonder 11/02
Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04
Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

With just getting off the Voyager 9 days and we didn't start getting off till about 3:00 pm I wouldn't plan to arrive till 4:30-5:00.

Hope this helps.

Judy
RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04
CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04
NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03
DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02
DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01
CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

I was on the inaugural route to Canada on 5/16 so cant tell you much about the boarding time. The ship was already in port when we arrived and we boarded by 12:30 pm. Here are your other questions:
If you boarded late, was dinner served the first night in the dining room? Dining the first night in the Main Dining room is OPEN SEATING. There is no assigned time or seating. Just show up bewteen 5:30pm and 8:45pm and find a seat. We did have a problem finding an available table when we arrived at 7:00 pm.

What time was the muster drill? 9:30 pm

Once you boarded, was lunch available in the Windjammer? Yes

Was there a sail-away party on deck at 10 pm.?
Or some other type of sail-away activity? Bon Voyage Parade on Royal promendae at 11:00pm and Welcome Aboard Dance in Cleopatra's Needle at 11:15pm.

Was there any evening entertainment that was good? I have heard that the 5-night to Canada sailings are pretty quiet and relaxed....was that true during your cruise? We had excellent entertainment the whole 5 days. Jim David, Comedian, on the 1st night was great. The entertainment changes every cruise.

Disney - Magic 12/98
RCCL - Sovereign of the Seas 6/99
RCCL - Voyager of the Seas 12/00
RCI - Radiance of the Seas 3/02
Celebrity - Summit 3/02
Princess - Coral Princess 3/03
RCI - Radiance of the Seas 12/03
Princess - Diamond Princess 4/04
RCI - Voyager of the Seas 5/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;05;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Celebrity - Infinity 12/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;12;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Thank you NewWaveDave for the reply. I've decided that I need to stop reading the message boards and just go for it on this cruise. I know that I am going to have a great time no matter what. It is just that some of the comments from folks recently off the Voyager were making me nervous....boarding later in the day, open seating at dinner first night, quiet in the evening, etc.

But, I'm taking my two young children and my mother, (ouch), so it will be a quieter, calmer trip than I am accustomed to anyway. It probably is a good thing that the Canada cruise does not have the atmosphere of a Caribbean cruise...or I'd get in trouble!

Thanks

Monarch of the Seas 4/02
Disney Wonder 11/02
Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04
Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

Plan on showing up at the pier around 4pm. Untill the ground crew(not the ships crew) speeds things up. life boat drill is at 9pm, and dinner will be open seating....but go as early as possible, else they will not have enough time to serve you before the drill.

Oceanic 1988
Oceanic 1992
Sea Princess 2000
Summit 2001
Galaxy 8 of 2002
Horizon 2 of 2003
Grand Princess 5 of 2003
Horizon 6 of 2003
Horizon 9 of 2003
Zuiderdam 1 of 2004 !!
Voyager OTS 5 of 2004

Archived