Need ideas for Cozumel and Grand Caymen

Dee88

Dee:

Cozumel: We rented a Jeep from Avis and drove around the island at our pace. It's not hard to navigate around the island as there basically is only one main road. Beautiful beaches on the way where you can pull on the side of the road and park your car. We were all alone at the beach where we stopped. Absolutely georgeous (close to El Mirador on the east side of the island!)

Make sure you visit the Punta Molas Lighthouse on the North/North Eastern tip of the island. You can not drive there with your own vehicle, as it is a wildlife preserve area. When driving towards the lighthouse you will eventually come to a small sand/gravel parking lot. There are several buildings towards your right where you can purchase tickets for the preserve area. An open bus (if you want to call it that way) or mini van will bring you to the lighthouse, which you can climb. Great views of the beach and the surrounding area!!! Great picture opportunities! You have to sign a liability waiver though, before you climb... LOL...

On the way back the driver will stop at two different places to view wildlife (crocodiles, etc.) and an ancient wheather station... pretty interesting.

It was only $3 per person, well worth the money!

Grand Cayman: I would not miss to go to Stingray City. While it's not cheap (about $30 a head), it is well worth the money! You swim/snorkel with stingrays, feed them, hold them and... yep.. kiss them (should bring you 7 years of luck!) LOL

If you don't want to go for that, visit 7 Mile Beach, in deed 7 miles long, beautiful white sand, clear water and in the distant you will most likely see you cruise ship (depends on where you anchor).

Hope that helped a little....

Happy Cruising!!! Have a blast!

Andy

Check out the boards under ports of call, more detailed info in links there.

For cozumel, I like the beach clubs/beach parks. My recommendations are Nochi Cocum for a quiter club, Mr Sanchos for a party place, Chankanob for snorkling and fun stuff (and this is a place where you swim with the dolphin, book that in advance) I'm not fond of Playa Sol. All are an inexpensive cab ride to/from the port, prices are posted right by the taxi stands.

Grand Caymen contines to recover from the hurricane. As said before Sting Ray City is a must see (recommend nativeways tours for their small group, I absolutely do not recommend the ship tours as most are on huge boats that make you feel like you're part of the heard)

Archived