Tiki Beach

chieftd16

I just noticed that Carnival is offering a new excursion to an area on 7 Mile Beach called Tiki Beach. Does anyone know anything about this? Do you have to book through Carnival to go? Also, how does it compare to other parts of 7 Mile Beach? Thanks!

Tiki Beach is a brand new Restaurant & Bar that is across the street from the old Marriott Courtyard. It is not far from the established Sea Grape/Public Beach excursion area with Calico Jacks. You can see some construction pictures here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35699&forum=2&2

Should be able to grab a cab and head there on your own. Not sure if it is open yet, but I am headed back to GC next week and will check it out.

Tiki Beach is a brand new Restaurant & Bar that is across the street from the old Marriott Courtyard. It is not far from the established Sea Grape/Public Beach excursion area with Calico Jacks. You can see some construction pictures here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35699&forum=2&2

Should be able to grab a cab and head there on your own. Not sure if it is open yet, but I am headed back to GC next week and will check it out.

Sounds good. Let us know your thoughts as I will be there in two weeks. Thanks for the info!

It looks like a great place to hang-out, but will it be open at the end of June/1st of July when we arrive?

I would assume it would have to be because Carnival is already offering it on my Cruise that's going to be there in early May.

my neighbor just came back from a cruise that stop in GC and they went to this tiki beach bar. Its open- they said it was great. I tried finding it online and there is limited info but her pics are there and its open.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiki Beach is located just a bit north of Sea Grape on Seven Mile Beach.

There is a sea wall which divides an upper section of the beach from the lower section. At this time the lower section of the beach is eroded leaving perhaps ten feet of beach between the sea wall and the water.

The entire length of Seven Mile beach is constantly being reshaped as the seasons pass. One strong storm and remove sand from one section of the beach and deposit it in another. In time there may be a much more sand in this area. For now it is a little difficult walking up the steep embankment from the lower beach to the upper.

will be there in June, how much to use facility for the day? whats it like, are there any watersports to rent here? anybody have pics? Thanks.

By googling "Tiki Beach Cayman" I found a few articles on its construction, and a few threads from other boards. In an online description of the Carnival excursion, they talk about a "watersports pavilion" so there's likely watersports rentals of some kind. There are some pics in the tikiroom thread that a PP mentioned.

If no one has posted a review by July, I'll try to stop by one day on our next trip and check out prices and such.

I just visited it this week. It is run by the same owners as the recently closed Beach Club Colony. I did not visit as part of cruise, but the set-up and facilities look pretty good for cruisers, large bar, water sports area and lots of lounge chairs. The chairs along the water are the old chairs from the Beach Club Colony and look completely out of place with the rest of the furnishings. As DrewSailbum mentioned, the central beach are is eroded, but you can find better area on each side. Drinks run about $10 give or take. The bartender mentioned that had over 1,000 cruise guests earlier in the day. It is a bit of South Beach chic on Seven Mile Beach. Didn't try the food, but they handed us a flyer for an all-u-can-eat seafood buffet they are offering on Thursday nights (I think it was Thursday) as we were leaving to go to dinner elsewhere.

The 'Xcelorator' hand dryers are the coolest, they almost blow the skin off you hands they are so powerful.

Archived