muster bracelets

macfin

Just came back from RCL Liberty of the Seas, and my 5 and 6 year old had them on their wrist. They loved it, by the end of the cruise, they had three bracelets (one for the Muster, one from the Turtle Farm and one from the Sports Deck - skating/rock climbing) and they are still wearing them today on their first day back at school to show their friends!!!

For the pictures, the photographers were really good at hiding them with the poses.

I just hate how it is there on the wrist so if you are taking pictures, there it is.. no hiding it. I am going to just cut it off for formal pictures then have them put new ones on later.

I suppose if your children are girls you could use an accessory bracelet to cover it.

If a boy- long sleeve button down is appropriate for formal night. (And little kids especially look super cute when this is paired with khakis and a tie) Of course, a polo-style shirt is much easier to deal with.

How/when does Carnival distribute the bracelet? Is it only for kids using the kids club or do they give them for all kids? Thanks!

They put them on the kids during the muster drill. I noticed on day 6 at an activity a counselor noticed a 9-11 yr. old didn't have her bracelet on and the counselor grabbed a bunch of bracelets out of her backpack and put one on her. They are pretty serious about making sure the kids are wearing them. My son wasn't thrilled, but I told him that was the rule and it was for his safety in an emergency- that was the end of that.

Our DD was 18 months when we were on Carnival Elation last Jan. They placed the bracelet on her wrist during the muster drill, but it was fairly loose (it kept falling off and we had to keep putting it back on). She never really noticed it though.

My grandson hated it but we made him wear it for safety purposes. He and his cousins were often in areas of the ship without adults. God forbid anything happen, but we wanted to know he would IMMEDIATELY be brought to our Muster Station. In an emergency, they don't let you roam the ship to locate your children. The crew is trained to spot the bracelets (hence the bright color) and get your children safely back to you.

Archived