What to do on Labadee

Kugel

Now that Labadee has been expanded since I was there April 2009, can anyone tell me about the different beach areas and activities. Which beach is better to go to? We just stayed where we got off the tender last year. Now that their is a pier where do you recommend going.

Thanks.

I was there recently on Celebrity Soltice. The zip line is awesome. If you don't want to do that, they also have a roller coaster. There is some shopping there (very little) and they put on some music & dancing shows in a small outdoor theater. Mostly just a relaxing & fun beach day.

I was there recently on Celebrity Soltice. The zip line is awesome. If you don't want to do that, they also have a roller coaster. There is some shopping there (very little) and they put on some music & dancing shows in a small outdoor theater. Mostly just a relaxing & fun beach day.

You are calling that rickety ride that is held together by termites a rollercoaster? Hahahaha thanks for the friday night laugh!

Many years (6) ago, RCI offered a shore excursion to a private beach area. It was limited to about only 20 people, and you were shuttled over there in a small boat. It was run by a group of family members. Lunch and cocktails were served and snorkeling was also available. It was like being on a deserted little island and has probably been our favorite shore excursion of all the cruises that we have been on. If it is still offered, I would highly recommend booking it!

Recently went to Labadee on the Navigator, so I've got the scoop.

First, the dock is done so you don't have to tender in. You get right off the boat and walk right into the first beach area, which is by the rock that looks like a dragon and the old fort. Do walk out on the rocks and into the fort area. Cool views and a great place to get photos of the ship.

This area is also at the bottom of the zipline. This is a great adult spot. I would just flop and drop right here. Watching the zipliners is a hoot, especially when something goes slightly wrong (too fast, not fast enough) :eek:

They've built a few more picnic shelters, so where ever you park you'll be close to the bbq lunch. They have trams that take you from one side of the activities to the other. It's not that far, but why walk if you can ride?

They have the zipline, which you can find out all about online. Do not miss this. Fun to watch, fun to do. Not that scarey, even for a person like me who is terrified of heights. DH says I didn't even scream, not once.

In spite of what Yo Eleven says (Hey dude) the coaster is really cool. Again, fun but not scarey. The hardest part for me was trying to get out of the ride at the end. Tight fit and kept moving.

One of the biggest changes is the flea market. There used to be a very cramped building and other venders with their wares just laid out on a hill. Now, the building part is much less crowded and is strickly retail, no bartering. Then they have a path that goes to the aqua center that now has these little wooden booths on stilts, each vender having his own little booth. This is where you barter. There's like a hundred of these guys. As usual, they're pretty aggressive, but say no and no problems.

We don't do the aqua center stuff, but the prices are online with decriptions. This area is on the complete opposite end from where the ship is and a great place for more photos. We didn't hang out, but it seemed like it was the place to go if you wanted crowds, music, action.

There are a few bars and they serve fruit punch with lunch. It seems like they're always running out of ice. They take the punch away when lunch is over which is hours before you have to be back on the ship. Be prepared.

BIG TIP: Bring a small cooler of ice with you from the boat.

Tip two: bring two towels, one to lay on and one to dry and wipe the sand off.

Tip three: Bring some beverages with you from the ship. Fill your thermos, coke cup, whatever floats your boat. You do have to go through somewhat of security, so don't be a moron (I'm talking to you rum runners now).

Tip four: don't forget your camera.

Tip five: besides your flippie floppies, bring shoes that you can actually walk in. Mandatory if you're ziplining.

Any questions?

Thanks EvilQueen. My wife, daughter, her friend, and myself are going on the Liberty in June and were wondering about Labadee. You info greatly helped. Anyone else going on the 13th?

Archived