AutoProgreso

We are taking the Autoprogreso tour to Uxmel. What I am wondering is from anyone that has taken this tour did you have time to shop when you came back? Thanks

Hi!! I just got off the Triumph today and Progresso was one of our stops.

When I was on the balcony, I overheard my neighbors talking about taking the Uxmal tour with the ship. I told them about Autoprogreso and all of the great reviews on this website. I suggested that if they wanted to use them instead of the ship to get off early.

Since you have to take the autoprogreso bus to the Progreso area (very long pier) they offer their tours at the end.

Since we were also there with the Estacy, the Uxmal tour was back in the port area with time for my neighbors to shop. They told me that they left around 7:45 a.m. and were back around 2:00 p.m. The cost of the tour was $49 and they really enjoyed that it was only about 15 people and not crowded at the ruins. Unlike Chichen, they were able to climb one of the pyramids. They thanked me for suggesting Autoprogreso and saving them money and not being in a crowd!!

we just got back4-22-10 from Triumph 5 day and the autoprogessive Uxmal tour.Rep Christy was very efficient answering our email questions. Met at 8am,left at 830. Guide Geraldo was very informative on 1&20 min. drive.Beautiful ruins.Climbing up the pyramid was easy,getting down was not for faint of heart. 1 hour on own,back at 230pm .asked them to drop off at straw mkt where we had an hour of fun on the beach.

We are taking the Autoprogreso tour to Uxmel. What I am wondering is from anyone that has taken this tour did you have time to shop when you came back? Thanks

just returned from Progreso/Cozumel cruise. went with Autoprogreso to go to Uxmal. Gerardo was the tour guide, and from talking with him, it was apparent that he enjoys Uxmal much more than Chichen Itza. $49 per person and they had a sign with my name @ the fountain so they were really easy to find. (you will enter Los Cincos Soles and exit the other side and walk thru many of the shops - fountain is about 6' and red and tour companies will be standing around it - TIP - read the logo on their shirt as many will copy the shirt and the names are similar!) you will get on shuttle to Progreso that will drop you off at a market selling a lot of junk and shirts. we had about 30 - 45 minutes before the tour left.

as others posted, about 1 hr 20 min / 1 hr 30 min to Uxmal. about half the way there, Gerardo (Gerry) tells about language, culture, food, customs, and other general info. not much to look at but flat brushy landscape. upon arrival, 10 mintues to get cameras ready, restroom break, buy a snack or water. spent about 2 hr 30 min @ the sight, about 1 hr on your own. we only saw about 1/3 of the sight, but it was amazing. we got back on the bus, and went directly back to the pier. i don't remember having the option to shop in town before returning.

Autoprogreso is very conscious of the ship times, as they also offer free shuttles from the pier to town (about 16 km). during the shuttle trip, they try to recruit customers for their tours. i would recommend them! if you want to shop after the tour, i would suggest contacting them via email b/c you can get more info from them and ask specific questions not covered on their website. i shopped before the tour and felt very comfortable leaving my things in the bus b/c the driver stayed with the bus and the bus was in very good condition if it was going to be secured.

when returning to Progreso, and looking for a tour company - there is only one i'm interested in ;)

Archived