Dzibanche v Chacchoben?

zachnlucy

Hello to all of you knowledgable people! Please provide input for me in order to decide which ruins to visit. After doing some research on several sites regarding the various ruins in this area, it looks like Dzibanche is the largest. Is this right? We have rented a car upon our arrival at noon on April 20, so we only have about 6 hours. I've checked out the map one of you provided, and the drive to Dzibanche looks like it would be very pretty. Then again, it seems like everybody is talking about the Chacchoben ruins. Which would you recommend? Thanks so much in advance. The knowledge I gain on these boards is immeasurable in planning our trips.

I talked to one of the guides from Chacchoban, about the best ruins in the area. He said that definitely dzibanche, (by the way not as old as chacchoben) has the most spectacular ruins. I'm not the expert but he mentioned something about some inscriptions found in one of the ruins that suggest that dzibanche was the place where of one of the most powerful dynasties began. I visited the ruins one year ago and are definitely impressive. As you mention one of the inconveniences is the distance and the fact that the place is not as accessible as chacchoben. I can see that time is against you, so i suggest contacting local guides for more details or other recommendations.

Archived