Please help with my quandry!!!!!

CruisinRin

Hi,

My family has booked 3 four-person cabins on the Miracle 5/15/05. We have another couple(my SIL and her boyfriend) that will be booking a 2-person cabin this week. I have an aunt that definately wants to come. She is ready to book, but does not have anyone to share a cabin with. She can not afford a single occupancy cabin.

Question: Can we book my aunt in the cabin with my SIL and her boyfriend? Then just have her sleep in our cabin(my husband, me and 1 and 3 year old)? I figure the baby will most likely sleep in our bed anyway.

-or-

Question: Can I switch someone out of one of the 4-person cabins to make a 2-person cabin with my aunt. I did not book directly with Carnival.

Thank you for your help. I really want to get this squared away this weekend. Prices are on the rise as the cruise gets closer!

Thanks,

Corinne

You can book her as a third person in your SIL's cabin and then she can sleep in your cabin... you don't even need to change her on the ship, just let her sleep there..

If you wanted your aunt to get her own room, you could put her in a room with the baby, then obviously just have the baby stay in your room... the only problem would be that the baby would now be a second person and not a third person.. .so would be paying second person rate not third person rate.. BUT... the rate might be lower since its an infant depending on the age?

We have done that in the past actually with my boss who has three kids and they werent able to put 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids) in their room... never mind the fact that all 3 kids sleep IN their bed anyway, lol... so we put one of the kids in our room, my boss paid the extra on our cabin and then the kid just stayed in her cabin, no problem...

Thanks LegalCat!!! Just what I wanted to hear!!

Your welcome, good luck... also depending on your TA, you should be able to tell them exactly what you wanna try to do and they should help you and basically give you alternatives like I did... My PVP is always more than happy to come up with creative ways of moving people around to get the lowest prices possible

Shouldn't be a problem I've ended up sleeping in cabins that were not my own and never got in trouble for it!;)

Hahah yeah could you imagine if Carnival REQUIRED you to let them know when you were sleeping in a different cabin.. a lot of people would be airing a lot of dirty laundry, lolol...

All I have in my mind is the image of a Carnival Security Officer dragging your aunt back to her cabin in the middle of the night and a very peeved SIL and boyfriend who are steaming because it was all your idea! LOL

hahaha right... "Ma'am... you refuse to cooperate, we are going to have to lock all three of you in your cabin until the morning!!!"

Archived