Just seen this on FO Site BOUDICCA CRUISE D1006

amberline

This is so sad, Boudicca is a lovely ship and we have booked again for next April. It is the only ship going regularly out of Liverpool and these continual news reports of noro virus are bound to seriously affect the ship's reputation before long. I had the noro on our last cruise on Boudicca in October 09 and it seems to me that right through the winter there have been problems.

Continually, the company say it is a question of ' deep cleaning' which we know it is, but perhaps some 'deeper' investigation now needs to be made to ascertain why this keeps happening to this particular vessel. While other ships have the noro, the frequency with Boudicca this winter seems to have been problematic.

Cruises are not cheap, and having paid a lot of money for a cruise you want to be able to use the facilities and not fall ill. When noro hits a ship they have to close a lot of the facilities including swimming pools, which are a big part of the holiday. You are also confined to your cabin for two days, and while they really look after you, this means you have lost days of your holiday and what's more the poor person travelling with you is confined as well whether they get it or not!

Let's hope that Olsen sort this problem out - Scousers (I know I am one) won't be fobbed off with excuses and I don't think that £100 on board spend will placate people who have lost two days of a cruise they have paid for.

Hopefully, those of you going on the next cruise will really enjoy yourselves (we did despite the Noro) - just take plenty of your own hand gel!

Hi What date in April are you going we are goin 23rd

Chrissy

Well we are packed and ready to go, sailing tomorrow and can't wait, we will be as careful as possible but are not gonna let anything spoil our holiday, will be in touch when we get back,,, happy sailing:)

Sue and Edd hope you are having a fab time keep your hands off the Captain. and dont forget to save us some vino will give you a wave when we get to Liverpool. I will have to wait till we come back to compare notes.

Hi What date in April are you going we are goin 23rd

Chrissy

We are booked for the 23rd 2011 too. We enjoyed the Iberia cruise so much last year that we decided we wanted to do it again as there are some lovely places and we had a lot of bad weather and rain, so hopefully this time we will get some sun.:o

We are booked for the 23rd 2011 too. We enjoyed the Iberia cruise so much last year that we decided we wanted to do it again as there are some lovely places and we had a lot of bad weather and rain, so hopefully this time we will get some sun.:o

Hi its always nice to hear someone else on here is on the same cruise, We changed fom Norway cruise in June 2011 to this one. We did the Med cruise a couple of years ago, that was great in fact it was our first cruise. Hubby is getting fed up of going to Norway i can never tire of it hence the change of cruise.

Hope to chat soon Chrissy. :o

Archived