Looking for a private guide in Shanghai

Dortmunder

Hello all,

We will be cruising on the Sapphire Princess from Bangkok to Beijing. We have an overnight stay in Shanghai on April 5/6. Since the Sapphire Princess is too big to dock in the city center we will be 1h away from Shanghai.

Can anyone recommend a local tour guide in Shanghai who could pick us up at the port and show us around the city with a personalised program for two days?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Andi

Thanks for the post Dortmunder!

We will be in Shanghai the next week and I did not realize how far out the Sapphire was docking -THANKS for bringing this to my attention. We may get a private guide through my office I will reply to you if I find out more. If you do not mind please e-mail me or post a reply back to this thread and let me know what your plans are that day. I would be very interested. My e-mail is StingrayNZ@aol.com

Derf - As always thanks for the links - you really are the master of links. I have been looking for guides in Shanghai and other ports and I didn't come across any good leads. But I will check yours out. Do you know any guides for Dalian China, Pusan Korea or Vladivostok Russia? May as well try.

Thanks Again!

Hello all,

We will be cruising on the Sapphire Princess from Bangkok to Beijing. We have an overnight stay in Shanghai on April 5/6. Since the Sapphire Princess is too big to dock in the city center we will be 1h away from Shanghai.

Can anyone recommend a local tour guide in Shanghai who could pick us up at the port and show us around the city with a personalised program for two days?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Andi

Hi Dortmunder,

Re guides - a post in another thread mentioned http://www.chinahighlights.com - these CC's have used these people before on previous trips to China - apparently you can get private guides through them.

Archived