Explorer vs. Enchantment for Bermuda

Hello All,

I am planning a 5 night cruise to Bermuda for the summer of '11. We are a family of four with what will be a 5 and 3 year old at that time. Our options are to sail the Explorer of of Bayonne, or the Enchantment out of Baltimore. Baltimore is a little closer for us (about 2 hours), and the prices for both sailings are about the same. Only other difference is that the Enchantment arrives in Bermuda a couple of hours later, and leaves a couple of hours earlier.

So...has anyone sailed on both ships and/or ports that can give me an objective opinion on which ship I should book? Also, what the different pros/cons are of each ship and/or port?

Another, third option would be to sail 7 nights out of Bayonne on the Celebrity Summit for a few hundred more. It would add one extra sea day, and one extra day in Bermuda. Not even sure I should consider this one given the age of my kids.

Any information or input would be appreciated.

Archived