Can I Make This Flight??

jnbball

I was wondering something. I am cruising on the Triumph December 6th. and would like to make cheap travel arrangements soon. I found some pretty good prices, but the plane leaves New Orleans at 11:35am. If the itinerary says 8am departure, can I make this flight without worrying about missing it? How far is it from the docks to the airport? Thanks.

Would I personally book this flight?

Yes, I would be comfortable with it.

Would I go so far as to say it's a 100% no brainer with no potential worries?

No, I wouldn't. I always fly in a couple of days early and I also fly out a day or two post cruise.

Just a word of warning...

New Orleans is a port that seems to have A LOT of folks that do the self assist.

So even if the Guest Services desk gives you a number one luggage tag...if you don't do the self assist....it can be awhile before you get off the ship.

Another tip for getting through Customs quickly in New Orleans...grab a porter. Even if you only have a bag or two....the porters go to the head of the line so that they can get back to assist others. In January, it was the best $5 I have ever spent...

Archived