Paradise Beach & Sub Ocean View excursion

knox72

We want to book the Sub Ocean View excursion, which is from 12 to 1:30 in Cozumel. We also wanted to visit Paradise Beach. The ship is in Cozumel from 10 to 6pm that day. I'm trying to figure out whether we'll have enough time to do both since the ocean view excursion is right in the middle of the day AND my kids will need a nap/rest time sometime in between.

Does anyone know where the OV excursion is? (i.e. how far it is in reference to Paradise Beach and the ship)? We are traveling with young children -- can anyone shed some light on Paradise Beach? Will a 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old be trampled on at the water slides, etc. They want to do the bungee trampolines too. It would certainly simplify my decision if someone could just tell me they are too young, the older kids will dominate those activities, etc. etc.!! ;)

Thanks for your input.

If you are talking about the trampolines out on the water, I would think they would be too young for that. There is no supervision and I worried about my DD who was 9 at the time. If a lot of kids get on there, it can get a little out of control. I wouldn't want them to fall off. We loved Paradise Beach, though.

We want to book the Sub Ocean View excursion, which is from 12 to 1:30 in Cozumel. We also wanted to visit Paradise Beach. The ship is in Cozumel from 10 to 6pm that day. I'm trying to figure out whether we'll have enough time to do both since the ocean view excursion is right in the middle of the day AND my kids will need a nap/rest time sometime in between.

Does anyone know where the OV excursion is? (i.e. how far it is in reference to Paradise Beach and the ship)? We are traveling with young children -- can anyone shed some light on Paradise Beach? Will a 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old be trampled on at the water slides, etc. They want to do the bungee trampolines too. It would certainly simplify my decision if someone could just tell me they are too young, the older kids will dominate those activities, etc. etc.!! ;)

Thanks for your input.

Your 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 are way too young for the slides and trampolines.

We had our 5 yr old gd with us and there was no way she could go out

that far. Also, waves were high and many adults and teens were using

them. Our gd had a wonderful time there playing in the sand and

swimming on the edge of the water. Food is very good also.

We did the Atlantis sub. They took us, by a small boat out to th sub, on Atlantis, the minimum age is 4. You have to climb down a ladder to get I to it. The sub was down about and hour. The excursion was about 2 hours total. We enjoyed the excursion, but way to expensive...IMHO

Your children are too young for the trampoline and the last time I was there there was no water slide. The toys are in 15-20 feet of water about 50 feet from shore. I made it there with my 7 yo but barely. I would not try it with your younger children.

You may be better off if you try Chacanab with your young ones. There is a nice fairly shallow lagoon area for the little ones with plenty of sand to play in. There is also a nice playset near the lagoon. You can watch people doing the dolphin encounter, and if they walk down the steps near the snorkling area, they might be able to see the fish. This gets a little steep - rapidly goes to 5-6 feet at the bottom of the steps, but my kids had a ball looking into the water and seeing the fish. Nice clean restrooms, snacks and drinks available. It was a good day for us. I think the entrance fee was 19 for adults and 12 for children and there is a coupon you can download on the internet. Taxi was 10 from Puerto Maya.

Thanks for the info. It was exactly what I was hoping to hear. We booked the Sub Ocean View excursion in Cozumel and booked a private cabana in Roatan to give us our beach fix. I think we'll keep Paradise Beach for when the kids are older. Planning on taking a cab to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Caymen. That should do it for the week. Thanks again.

Archived