Polynesian Cultural Center crowded on Saturday?

soccermommie

We are taking an 8 day trip to Oahu this summer. We're working on our itinerary and are thinking of doing the PCC on Saturday. We're wondering if the PCC is usually exceptionally crowded on Saturdays and if we should plan to go on a different day. We have rented a condo in Punaluu which is only about 15 minutes from the PCC, so traffic won't really be an issue/deciding factor any day we choose to go.

Because Hawaii is a vacation destination every day can be crowded. But you have to remember, people getting off the POA may be touring PCC before their flight and you need to check for your day to see if other ships are in port.

Because Hawaii is a vacation destination every day can be crowded. But you have to remember, people getting off the POA may be touring PCC before their flight and you need to check for your day to see if other ships are in port.

Do you really think the POA would affect Saturday business at the PCC? I am taking the POA, but we are visiting the PCC on Friday. For me, there wouldn't be enough time at the PCC on Saturday to make it worth my while, plus you wouldn't be able to take in the evening show which is always touted as the best production show in Hawaii. I believe the PCC doesn't even open until noonish. I don't have any experience with this matter, but as a future POA cruiser, I would not go to the PCC on Saturday.

Vbmom87, I was thinking the same thing in regard to cruise passengers. POA is the only one in port that day, and she leaves at 7pm. I wouldn't think anyone would try to go there before boarding since they would miss the evening show, and I wouldn't think it would be a place returning POA passengers would try to visit if they have a flight that day considering the hours of operation and PCC's location on the other side of the island from the airport.

In tourist areas there seem to be days that are historically busier than others at attractions. For instance, as a rule I pretty much avoid any amusement park on weekends because of the increased crowds caused by locals who are off of work combined with vacationers. I just don't know if the PCC is the kind of attraction that has these kinds of spikes or if attendance numbers remain fairly stable.

Vbmom87, I was thinking the same thing in regard to cruise passengers. POA is the only one in port that day, and she leaves at 7pm. I wouldn't think anyone would try to go there before boarding since they would miss the evening show, and I wouldn't think it would be a place returning POA passengers would try to visit if they have a flight that day considering the hours of operation and PCC's location on the other side of the island from the airport.

In tourist areas there seem to be days that are historically busier than others at attractions. For instance, as a rule I pretty much avoid any amusement park on weekends because of the increased crowds caused by locals who are off of work combined with vacationers. I just don't know if the PCC is the kind of attraction that has these kinds of spikes or if attendance numbers remain fairly stable.

Perhaps some that are getting off the ship might go to the PCC, but my uneducated guess is not that many. I think your best bet is to call the PCC direct and ask them what might be the least crowded day(s) of the week.

I was thinking the same thing. I had an annual pass to Disneyland for YEARS and we always knew Saturdays and holidays are the busiest days.

We are taking an 8 day trip to Oahu this summer. We're working on our itinerary and are thinking of doing the PCC on Saturday. We're wondering if the PCC is usually exceptionally crowded on Saturdays and if we should plan to go on a different day. We have rented a condo in Punaluu which is only about 15 minutes from the PCC, so traffic won't really be an issue/deciding factor any day we choose to go.

You would probably get a better answer posting your questio at tripadvisor.com

Hawaii forum. It's a land based travel site and sister site to CC.

Just clarifying for my own understanding. We are doing the PCC after our cruise while we are still in Honolulu for a few days. Ha (their evening show) is not a luau, right? We are planning on doing the Old Lahaina luau.

Just clarifying for my own understanding. We are doing the PCC after our cruise while we are still in Honolulu for a few days. Ha (their evening show) is not a luau, right? We are planning on doing the Old Lahaina luau.

From the website, I am not sure if you can buy a ticket just for the evening show. I did not find it as an option. However, you could call and ask. It might be one of those things they don't want to advertise. Perhaps another poster here will know for sure.

The website shows all packages. The packages that include the evening show do include a meal. You can choose a luau meal or a non-luau meal. Since the luau itself at the PCC does not come that highly recommended, we went with the non-luau meal since the menu appealed to our group more.

I was on the POA last month and upon returning to Oahu on Saturday, we rented a car and headed out to the PCC for the day. While I cannot compare the crowds to other days of the week, I can tell you that I hate crowds and am very sensitive to too many people in my space. (I don't go to concerts for this very reason.) I was very comfortable with the number of people. It was not too crowded. The weather was very nice that day too. The only time the crowds were great was during dinner which as to be expected.

I did a little more digging. Looks like the cheapest ticket that includes the evening show still includes a "free dinner buffet." Sounds like it is a limited time offering. Each package comes with seats in particular sections of the theater.

http://www.polynesia.com/ticketing/admission-evening-show.html

I contacted the PCC and thought I would share what I learned in case anyone else is trying to plan an itinerary.

Of course, we are traveling during a busy time of the year (end of June/first of July); however, I was informed that Wednesdays are the least crowded day. Mondays and Saturdays are the most crowded.

Archived