Miami smuggle success/Destiny

PDsandman01

We returned Monday from the beautiful Carnival Destiny at the Port of Miami. I am still composing my review at the moment but feel free to ask me anything!

As for the alcohol smuggling I read a post the morning of embarkation about replacing water bottles in a case. Our travel companions had that already executed and packed. The 4 8oz middle bottles out of 12 were repaced with "special water" and repacked neatly in a carry-on. Not one problem. However, my bottle of bubbly did not cause any search either...maybe because it was allowed. Funny, our friends' 8oz bottles of Dr. Pep stopped the line for a search. Just don't tell Carnival. Although I am sure they read these boards.

Last time I cruised I smuggled on those little bottles of liquor. They are perfect for carrying in a small purse to "Irish" up any drink. Has anyone tried to smuggle those recently and what happened?

You can actually smuggle those little bottles very successfully.

Just grease up a dozen or so with some butter, and just before you check-in, swallow them.

Be sure to bring the laxative in your carry on. You won't want to wait for the luggage to be delivered! :D

Friends of ours did the same thing on thier spring break Valor cruise, repacked 3 bottles neatly back into the middle of a case of Disani water. Remarkably those exact three were confiscated and returned to her the last night of the cruise. They cut a hole exactly where she had them placed. I have no idea how they did that!

And suprisingly, she had another bag searched, there was a note in it, but apparently they didnt search it well because her 32oz rum rummer was still there...go figure,,,,seems to be the luck of the draw, they cant search all the bags, not sure if they pick the bags to search randomly or what. she was smart enougth to spread out the stash.

cant wait for the review..how was the food and overall cruise. as far as the smuggling..rum runners seem to work for some:rolleyes: folks:p. looking forward to next month

The cruise itself was wonderful. I had a few complaints, but nothing to ruin the trip with. The food was good, not spectacular. The Grand Buffet had a lot of choices if you cared to brave the lines. Not the cruise line's fault though, just REALLY slow people.

We selected "Your Time Dining" and were sort of disapointed. We had a wait of 45-60 minutes one night, and the service was very sub-par. (Although we did get a nice surprise in our room that night when we got back from dinner. A tasty little apology). It was almost like the wait staff didn't care about us, which we did not enjoy. Only one night did anyone inform us about the "recomendations" or even make small talk or say "how are you tonight." Maybe it was because you don't see the same wait staff every night. You can actually request this, but with that long of a wait for the first available table...we had no idea how long that would take.

Much more in my review soon to be posted.

Archived