Last minute Name Change

patsyc

4 of us have been booked for Grand Princess at the end of May and 1 of us (my grandma) has been hospitalised. She is unlikely to be fit enough to take up the cruise. We're trying to avoid cancellation because the remaining passenger in the cabin would then have to pay for a single supplement. Her travel insurance was bought overseas (she is currently overseas) and doesn't appear to cover cruise cancellation anyway. So ideally we would like someone else in the family to take her place if possible.

I've asked the same question on the Royal Caribbean board as well. Yes, my grandma will most probably be missing 2 cruises... Such a shame since she's waited a whole year for them... :(

Anyway, I know for RCI we can change names up to 7 days before sailing (we're in the UK so can't give as short notice). Anyone know if there's a similar name change policy with Princess?

Thanks.

Yes, you can do a name change after final payment. One party in the cabin has to stay the same, and there's a fee that to my memory is under $100. What I can't recall is the particular date cutoff, but something sticks in my mind about 72 hours prior to sailing

Best of luck.

E

Yes $50 (last I looked) for a name change, but check with Princess, this can only be done up until a certain time frame before you are to board the ship (5 days maybe? I can't remember for sure). Good luck to her, I hope she is able to join you. :)

Thanks VibeGuy and Toto2Kansas for your replies!

Took me ages to find it, but I've finally found the booking conditions on their UK website. The cutoff date here is 14 days before sailing, and admin charge is £20 ($30?) since it will be due to an unavoidable event.

Hopefully she will be able to travel and we wouldn't have to resort to this.

Anyway, thanks again!

Archived