Post Your Elegant (Formal) Night Pics Please

LaShelle2

The pics of this couple with two risque outfits would make me lose my appetite. I'd leave the table and eat elsewhere!! The Mat. D' should have said something to them that it is not appropriate dinner apparel. If their table mates were smart, they ALL should have left the table. Imagine if a couple with younger kids were seated. How inappropriate.

Surely hope they are not role models for the next generation. I wonder what her MOM would say to those outfits? They never should have been allowed in any dining venue. They should have eaten in the privacy of their balcony! Shorts would have been better. At least her body would have been mostly covered!

RCCL: Take note of what some passengers are wearing to Formal Dinner and have the suggested dress code read: "Proper attire required for MDR dining.

Thanks for letting me vent!

The pics of this couple with two risque outfits would make me lose my appetite. I'd leave the table and eat elsewhere!! The Mat. D' should have said something to them that it is not appropriate dinner apparel. If their table mates were smart, they ALL should have left the table. Imagine if a couple with younger kids were seated. How inappropriate.

Surely hope they are not role models for the next generation. I wonder what her MOM would say to those outfits? They never should have been allowed in any dining venue. They should have eaten in the privacy of their balcony! Shorts would have been better. At least her body would have been mostly covered!

RCCL: Take note of what some passengers are wearing to Formal Dinner and have the suggested dress code read: "Proper attire required for MDR dining.

You are totally correct! :D

If you read the thread that was linked, you would see that they were turned away from the dining room.

This picture almost made me teary-eyed. I remember my son at that age. Now he's 17 and not that cute and sweet any more... :p

I know the feeling Rockportgirl. My son is 16 y/o and sometimes we don't know what to do with him. If you find out any secrets, let me know. We are taking him on the cruise with us because I didn't want to dump his bad attitude on my friend. What's wrong with that picture! arrghh

I know the feeling Rockportgirl. My son is 16 y/o and sometimes we don't know what to do with him. If you find out any secrets, let me know. We are taking him on the cruise with us because I didn't want to dump his bad attitude on my friend. What's wrong with that picture! arrghh

I just want to know the secret to keeping them young and innocent. They are both at a fun age right now.

Too lazy & haven't scanned in our actual formal pics from carnival yet. Here are just a couple of our personal pics. These are from the March 28th sailing on Miracle.

First Formal Night

DSC01836.jpg

This next one was our friends idea. Thought it turned out cute though.

DSC01833.jpg

Second Formal Night

DSC02373.jpg

DSC02374.jpg

Think we had enough practice with how many pics we did have taken on board that we could pose ourselves. LOL!!

So, it looks like from everyone's posts everything goes form Sunday best, to coctail gowns, to black tie formal.

Still, I thing Carnival cruisers are classier on formal night than NCL, eventhough they try to act like NCL is a snooty more upscale cruise line.

To me it was just overpriced and booooring! I'm ready to come back to Carnival and have some fun!:)

So, it looks like from everyone's posts everything goes form Sunday best, to coctail gowns, to black tie formal.

Still, I thing Carnival cruisers are classier on formal night than NCL, eventhough they try to act like NCL is a snooty more upscale cruise line.

To me it was just overpriced and booooring! I'm ready to come back to Carnival and have some fun!:)

It's basically, everyone wearing their best. Even in the old formal days, some people's best was QUITE shocking.

Archived