TA to PVP

stargate fan

I did try the search feature, but got no hits. So...

We booked our cruise with a TA for an outrageously low price. Now that I have questions, I am having difficulty contacting said TA. (The TA is now working very part time because he/she was not getting enough sales and had to acquire a full time job.)

Yes, yes...I know...that's why I should have booked with my PVP in the first place. Lesson learned.

Anyway, if I am able to talk TA into releasing my reservation to my PVP, would he/she lose the commission to be earned? (What % of a cruise cost does the average TA make in commission, if I might ask.)

Thanks.

I did try the search feature, but got no hits. So...

We booked our cruise with a TA for an outrageously low price. Now that I have questions, I am having difficulty contacting said TA. (The TA is now working very part time because he/she was not getting enough sales and had to acquire a full time job.)

Yes, yes...I know...that's why I should have booked with my PVP in the first place. Lesson learned.

Anyway, if I am able to talk TA into releasing my reservation to my PVP, would he/she lose the commission to be earned? (What % of a cruise cost does the average TA make in commission, if I might ask.)

Thanks.

Simple answer is YES, the TA you booked with WILL LOSE THEIR COMMISSION.....better make certain they are not going to charge you any fee's for cancellation and also, they are willing to release the booking.

Is there not another agent you can turn the booking over to within the office to answer your ???'s or speak with a supervisor regarding the questions you are not getting answered BEFORE making the crossover to a PVP ?

Also,,, if this was a regular reservation booking and the TA "rebated" some of their commission to you, you will not retain the same rates and will have your fare adjusted to the original rate (before the TA rebated some commission to lower your rate). If however they put you in a "group"... there may be another issue to deal with since you leaving the group could cause an adverse affect to the remaining passengers in the group.

I'd speak with your TA's supervisor first to see if they can appease your questions and keep you happy before taking the leap into transferring the booking.

As for what a TA makes in commission.... in general it can be anywhere from 10 - 16% of the base "Cruise Fare",excluding non commissionable fares i.e. port charges and taxes/fees.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes, you would lose the price and the TA loses the commission if you cancel. Why would the TA agree to transfer the booking?? Only way to get it back to Carnival would be to cancel usually since no sane TA would agree to transfer the booking and lose the commission they worked for. Hopefully, said TA doesnt have a cancellation fee.

Simple answer is YES, the TA you booked with WILL LOSE THEIR COMMISSION.....better make certain they are not going to charge you any fee's for cancellation and also, they are willing to release the booking.

Is there not another agent you can turn the booking over to within the office to answer your ???'s or speak with a supervisor regarding the questions you are not getting answered BEFORE making the crossover to a PVP ?

Also,,, if this was a regular reservation booking and the TA "rebated" some of their commission to you, you will not retain the same rates and will have your fare adjusted to the original rate (before the TA rebated some commission to lower your rate). If however they put you in a "group"... there may be another issue to deal with since you leaving the group could cause an adverse affect to the remaining passengers in the group.

I'd speak with your TA's supervisor first to see if they can appease your questions and keep you happy before taking the leap into transferring the booking.

As for what a TA makes in commission.... in general it can be anywhere from 10 - 16% of the base "Cruise Fare",excluding non commissionable fares i.e. port charges and taxes/fees.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for the info. Just what I needed to know.

We were at a travel show. We had no intention of booking a cruise, but the price was just too good to pass up. (The only reasons we went were because I was hoping to get extra credit for my tourism class and we had nothing better to do that day.) The show was put on by a cruise-only agency out of RI.

My questions for the TA are not that big of a deal. But I do like getting answers in a timely manner when I ask questions. Actually, this is the first time I have had to contact TA since we booked in January. We do have 345 days until the cruise so I'm sure I will be in touch with TA well before then. ;)

Thanks again for your answers. Much appreciated.

Glad to assist and if you have questions that the good ol' CC members here can answer....bring 'em on and you may not even need to speak with your TA or make the transfer.

You win on all parts... GREAT RATES... Answers available to you here at CC.... PRICELESS !

Glad to assist and if you have questions that the good ol' CC members here can answer....bring 'em on and you may not even need to speak with your TA or make the transfer.

You win on all parts... GREAT RATES... Answers available to you here at CC.... PRICELESS !

I have learned so much from reading CC. Thank goodness for all the wise words of wisdom.

The only thing I have not figured out is how to download photos when people ask to see something. Host Mach tried to teach me once, but to no avail. Que sera, sera.

As long as we have booked cruises, or are thinking of booking cruises, I'll be spending (way too much) time here on CC.

Archived