Carnival Triumph Topless Show 4/13/10

WoodyStang

We were on the Triumph in January.

They had this act...but since that isn't for us...we simply did not attend.

As easy enough fix....

Now if folks had not been warned (repeatedly)...then someone could complain.

The magic show wasn't topless - I sat through the entire thing. Topless would have made it more interesting, at least! However, there were thongs-a-plenty in all the shows. The midnight show, A Kiss Goodnight, was billed as burlesque. I didn't see it, but I took that to mean it was a vegas-style Folies Bergere-type thing.

It said R-rated, yet I am sure there were parents that showed up and were "shocked." I am never surprised to see parents bringing young kids into the R-rated comedy shows.

I remember going to the premier of Borat. Some old couple had brought their grandkids. Priceless. Do people even look to see what the program is about? They made it about 12 minutes............

I would expect a show billed as an R rated French Burlesque show to have nudity. I highly doubt that it was totally topless though. Probably pasties & some striptease ala the old Black & White musicals/ Las Vegas shows.

It's probably held at midnight for that reason. Burlesque is an art if it's done right. I would love to see an old fashion production like that - and boobs don't offend me either - except when I look in the mirror and see what gravity & age has done to mine :eek:

I am not calling you a liar....but its very hard to believe Carnival would have a topless show:eek:

I find it hard to believe also. With that being said, I hope I'm wrong and we get a topless show on the Fascination next week! :eek: :D

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

Guess I will start going back to the shows then. They will never reach the level of the Lido in Paris; but, it's a start.

Can I see them so that I can make a judgment as to whether they're offensive or not? :D

LOL

nope.

So instead of getting pics of hot dancers, around here we have spy shots of a mod dudes empty deck chair.

Life sucks like that sometimes Nunu.....

I just got off the Triumph on April 10th, the shows were very good, I was surprised and impressed, I think that you are exaggerating a bit, the magic show was my favorite show of the cruise and I also went to the burlesque show, It was NOT topless and was a very good show also. It was made very clear before the shows began what type show it was going to be. I think alot of people do not understand what Las Vegas style shows are like. If you were offended by the magic show I hope you didn't go to any of the R rated comedy shows!:eek: They were hilarious by the way:DIf you are cruising and comedian Lance Montalto is performing definitely check out his show!

So instead of getting pics of hot dancers, around here we have spy shots of a mod dudes empty deck chair. blinky.gif

What about when the magician saws a chick in half. Is that offensive?:confused:

only if she has boobs. boobs seem to be very offensive to people.

OH and butts too. God forbid a kid sees a dancer in a thong. We'll let little Johnny go watch some violent movie in his cabin instead....we don't want him to see butt cheeks.

only if she has boobs. boobs seem to be very offensive to people.

OH and butts too. God forbid a kid sees a dancer in a thong. We'll let little Johnny go watch some violent movie in his cabin instead....we don't want him to see butt cheeks.

I've got a ton more questions. You gonna be here awhile? :p

On one of my last cruises, either the Legend or Splendor, they stated SEVERAL times, when discussing one of the shows, that a particular show was "vegas-style" and they actually said that there would be some tops shed - and, of course, it was the guys on stage who were topless.

I just got off the Triumph on April 10th, the shows were very good, I was surprised and impressed, I think that you are exaggerating a bit, the magic show was my favorite show of the cruise and I also went to the burlesque show, It was NOT topless and was a very good show also. It was made very clear before the shows began what type show it was going to be. I think alot of people do not understand what Las Vegas style shows are like. If you were offended by the magic show I hope you didn't go to any of the R rated comedy shows!:eek: They were hilarious by the way:DIf you are cruising and comedian Lance Montalto is performing definitely check out his show!

Okay, we have it from someone who was actually there rather than hearsay from someone who admits he didn't even see the show.

NO topless show on Carnival. End of story.;)

Okay, we have it from someone who was actually there rather than hearsay from someone who admits he didn't even see the show.

NO topless show on Carnival. End of story.;)

Talking about hearsay is so much fun can't we discuss it a bit more.

Archived