Carnival Triumph Topless Show 4/13/10

WoodyStang

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

Thanks for the heads up. I know on my past cruises, the late show was quite a bit more adult oriented. I think that is fair as all the kiddos should be in bed by then.

The OP didn't say the magic show was topless. The "R rated French Burlesque Show" later in the evening was the one he "heard" was topless.

Oh sorry, I read the first part of the post and not the rest :o

We definitely did not go to the r rated show..lol

I wouldn't take my kids to an R-rated show so I have nothing to worry about. They'll be asleep long before that time. My husband, on the other hand, who usually falls asleep early, I bet that would be a show he wouldn't miss! LOL

This thread cracks me up.

Imagine if the OP had been on the Dream with me and attended the late R-rated comedy show, the female comedian did 10 minutes on nipples, she even altered songs to include them!:D I'm glad that she didn't show hers though!:eek:

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

You would reconsider cruising on Carnival because they had a show you with nudity? A show that you are by no means obligated to see?

I guess I just don't get that. As for thongs, meh. It's a rear end. You see pretty much the same thing at any pool or beach.

We went to the "R" rated comdian on Freedon last May, and there was a girl there with her mom that didn't look a day over 16, so the comedian questioned them and they said she had just turned 18. No way to know for sure, but I'd say there was no way she was 18. Anyhow, the comedian REALLY tried to warn the mom, but when she wouldn't budge, he confirmed we were in international waters and went nuts on this girl.....he asked her questions you wouldn't believe and found a way bring her in to all of the raunchiest jokes. Every now and then he would ask "so, how do you like the show mom?" I was SO uncomfortable the whole time, but in that I'm so uncomfortable but I can't stop laughing myself sick sort of way ;) Even worse, a couple sitting directly behind us, that we had a very nice chat with before the show, were like in their early 80's and cruise 4 times a year. I was so embarassed by what they were hearing! But they just laughed and laughed. I want to be them when I'm old:)

OK, so all this is to say that I was impressed by how hard the entertainer tried to warn the audience that this was NOT suitable for children. I can't imagine Carnival not making it crystal clear what you're likely to see in show. I think the OP was fibbed to, because topless makes a way better story than "almost" topless:)

But seriously, if somebody was that concerned about kids or themselves seeing parts of the body... why are they even on a cruise in the first place

(Note: Never done a cruise in Alaska, so this could be an exception)

Both of my cruises have been western caribbean runs in the month of September. Its amazing how little bathing suits are made of (not complaining mind you). Its even funnier to see kids looking at the ladies in front of them at the buffet line.

But oh no... watch out for the view from half way back in the theater.

We saw the show in January. It was not topless, but billed as their new R rated French Burlesque Show. Again not topless, yes thongs. The girls are just as scantly dressed in the 2 big shows every evening. I think most folks are farther away from the stage in the main theater and it doesn't seem as "in your face" as this show does in the small El Rio Club. It is a little provacative, but done with class and I thought was cute. There was one scene with corset/stockings, but again I have see that in store windows at the mall, catalogs that come in the mail and magazines and I'm not talking adult magazines as well as movies on tv. Botton line, I wouldn't take childern to any R rated show unless I had seen it first to know how I would feel about it.......even an R rated movie. It was well posted rated R in the "Capers", by the CD over the speakers and warning before the show started on our cruise. The girls are outside the door as you leave with baskets of Hershey Kisses saying a kiss goodnight for you. Was fun and cute, but would not have taken a child being it is a little provacative. Guess that's why it's billed as a French Burlesque! ;)

Just my thoughts,

Kat

It's probably held at midnight for that reason. Burlesque is an art if it's done right. I would love to see an old fashion production like that - and boobs don't offend me either - except when I look in the mirror and see what gravity & age has done to mine :eek:

Yep.. When I look in the mirror I see the same thing..:eek: Then I think..when did that happen!!:eek::o:D

It strikes me that many of the actors and actresses are very attractive kids. Contrast that what we see on the Lido deck where most folks could not possibly fit into their showers and must turn sideways in automatic doors.

I think the actors should be required to be naked 24/7. It might give some of us something to aspire to.

Well, considering that I counted the manager of the greatly missed Empress burlesque house in Detroit as a close friend, I would not hesitate a bit to see a topless show. When he introduced me to Sandy O'Hara, the Boston Bombshell, she was coming off stage after her turn, was stark naked and planted a big sloppy kiss on my cheek. Quite exciting for a college kid.

Doc

On the three cruises we have been on, the late shows have always been listed as adults only or R rated. Therefore, that is a warning. If you don't want to go, don't go. I have never seen nudity at any show. The adults only rating was based on language and content. The warning should tell y ou something:D

Archived