navigator ?'s

naples007

Bathroom products onboard are Aveda and they are wonderful.

No internet connections in rooms, and I don't think you can use your own laptop in the computer center. Never had a problem getting a computer or getting online basically, you buy a package for X amount of $$ that gives you X amount of time online.

On the Iceland cruise in August we bought hours on the computers. They were amazingly slow and I feel we wasted our money. I don't know if it was because of our location, but I don't think I will do it again. I always bring my laptop so that I can download my pictures but there is no Internet access from the staterooms. I like to check my email and at least get rid of the trash before I get home, but on our Feb 8 trip I am not going to do this unless someone tells me that the speed is OK.

I was on the Navigator the end of December in the islands. It seems like when there are alot of people on the speed is really slow- I was talking to the Computer person.

I guess you could bring your laptop along and there is one area that the computer guy has his laptop and I wonder if you could use his space and plug in when he is not there. It is in the little room off the library. There are 3 computers and the printer in that room and an empty space for his laptop.

BTW, on the Bermuda trip on the Navigator back in 7/03 the same guy burned my photos onto a disk for me using there computers. It worked out great. If you don't want to bring your laptop, there is a burner to burn your photos to a disk. Just bring along your own disk and you can burn them yourself. Enjoy your trip.

Jan

The only RSSC ship that has capability for wireless is the Voyager(pretty expensive though), as far as I know. As far as using the basic computer services aboard Navigator and Diamond are concerned, you have to have your own ISP. Mariner and Voyager avail you of an RSSC e-mail account, or you can use your own ISP. At least that's the way they used to work.

We were on the Navigator in December and they do not have wireless available on the ship. You can buy an amount of time to use the computer. It was like a very slow dial up system. If it is extremely slow let the computer person on board know and he will credit the time used plus back to your account.

Archived