Queen Victoria Cabin No. 5138

SSL

Anyone have experience with this cabin? Pics, info, details, etc.? I'm booked into this cabin soon.

Steve L.

QE2 -- Atlantic Isles Idyll, June '08

QM2 -- Maiden T/A -- April '04

QE2 -- Eastbound T/A -- August '00

Queen Mary, Long Beach -- week-long stay twice a year

Countless Royal Caribbean cruises

That's what I was afraid of. I discussed this with the Cunard planner when making the booking, and told him I didn't want an obstructed view. Then when I got the information, it said 'obstructed view', so I'm not sure what to do next.

Steve L.

Looking at the following picture (supplied by Stoway2K on here last year), it doesn't even seem obstructed because it's showing a life boat. I think it's usually the tenders that give the partial obstruction on that deck.

2624230050055338351S600x600Q85.jpg

Hmm, tough one then. Maybe Cunard can help shed some light on it. I've put in an email to them, let's see what they say...

In the meantime, has anyone stayed in this cabin? What's the interior like? Any photos?

Steve L.

Well, I spoke to Cunard and they were very good about it. Turns out that the cabin is just as you explained, obstructed below to the deck, but not out to the ocean view. So I decided to upgrade to A5 Category.

So now -- anyone here have a cabin preference/recommendation in A5 Category?

Thanks!

Steve L.

Well, I spoke to Cunard and they were very good about it. Turns out that the cabin is just as you explained, obstructed below to the deck, but not out to the ocean view. So I decided to upgrade to A5 Category.

So now -- anyone here have a cabin preference/recommendation in A5 Category?

Thanks!

Steve L.

4180 & 4178 have double size balcony's & you get sun loungers that you do not get with normal sized balconys

zider, thank you so much for the recommendation!! 4178 is now mine!!!

Steve L.

zider, thank you so much for the recommendation!! 4178 is now mine!!!

Steve L.

That was quick must have been the double size balcony's & you get sun loungers that you liked??

zider -- yes, I asked about the balcony with loungers, and you were correct, the balconies are bigger in those cabins than in the other A5's. Yet the cabin itself is the same square footage all the way around. So it was, as we say here in the States, a no-brainer! Thank you again for the recommendation. Thanks also to Cunard and their in-house Cruise Vacation Planner, Dale, for making it all come together!!!

Annette -- long time no see!! It's so good to talk to you. No, from the look of your ticker you'll be on board her before us. We sail in February 2011. So you'll have to break her in for us!! ;) Where are you headed on her?

Hey, did I ever get you the pictures I took from our QE2 trip? I don't think I did. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever actually finished going through them all myself! Let me know, and I'll get you copies if you like.

Steve L.

Annette -- long time no see!! It's so good to talk to you. No, from the look of your ticker you'll be on board her before us. We sail in February 2011. So you'll have to break her in for us!! ;) Where are you headed on her?

I've heard she's a lovely ship, possibly more like QE2 than QM2 is too. We're off to Europe - Holland, Belgium and France IIRC - 5 night 'taster'. Would love to do another transatlantic but have been advised to avoid USA for insurance reasons.

Where are you off to yourself?

Hey, did I ever get you the pictures I took from our QE2 trip? I don't think I did. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever actually finished going through them all myself! Let me know, and I'll get you copies if you like.

I'm not sure I did, but then my brain has been microwaved in recent months so it's all mushy, would love to see them, thanks!!

Always good to see you around on other 'networking' sites ;)

Originally posted by kevankiki:

I've heard she's a lovely ship, possibly more like QE2 than QM2 is too.

I saw her in San Francisco not long ago, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice her exterior looked -- I was afraid she'd look too 'cruise-ship'-y. And I've seen enough pics of her interior to know I'm going to love that!

Where are you off to yourself?

A short, four-day trip to Mexico, but I doubt I'll get off the ship, other than just to take pics of the ship herself! :)

Always good to see you around on other 'networking' sites

I don't MySpace very often anymore -- do you Facebook? I'd love to catch up. And I'll send you my QE2 pics as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay!

Steve L.

So, now that I'm in Cabin No. 4178, maybe I should ask -- does anyone here have personal experience staying in this cabin? I'm sure it's going to be beautiful, but I was just curious to know. Thanks!

Steve L.

I saw her in San Francisco not long ago, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice her exterior looked -- I was afraid she'd look too 'cruise-ship'-y. And I've seen enough pics of her interior to know I'm going to love that!

I must try and catch her one day when she's in Southampton, though thankfully I don't need to go there so much these days (and she's not even there the next time I am)!

do you Facebook?

Errrrr yerse, and so do you (you're on my friends list :rolleyes: )

Annette -- ahh, found you! This is what happens when you have two Facebook pages! Sorry!

In any case, hopefully I can get some folks who have stayed in Stateroom No. 4178, and give me some insight as to how it is, maybe some pics even? Thanks!

Steve L.

Archived