Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

A lot of things can change between now and then but "IF" Carnival sticks with this itinerary and "IF" they keep using the Miracle and "IF" they do all 8 day cruises between now and then....... Our choices of dates in 2012 would be:

Sunday Jan 1

Monday Jan 9

Tuesday Jan 17

Wednesday Jan 25

Thursday Feb 2

Friday Feb 10

Saturday Feb 18

Sunday Feb 26

Since they alternate itineraries, only half of these dates would be the Aruba itinerary if they keep that the same. My personal preference would be January 1 or either of the last 2 dates.

I believe they will be announcing the schedule this Friday, May 7! Simply my guess..... I have no inside information!

Bill

as usual i can't keep up with all you crazy posters ;) but looked over the last few and while doing so was imagining the noise and burst of excitement this thread will be hit with once carnival gets off their butts and posts the news your all waiting for..lol, it will be something else (too bad there isn't a noise attachent for this website:D)

I hope it falls on a day that Linda and I can sail...Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that!:)

Hope your all well and the spring is treating you well

I think we need to come up with a group name for the cruise, also T-Shirts

Taz

I'm glad you brought that up, Taz. We kinda already have a name...We are the

Red Hot Bashy Picaroon Crawlers

.....more commonly known as the

Rockin' Miracle Waiters

:cool::cool::cool:

because we wait and wait and wait and wait....on a week of rockin' fun!! :D (that goes by waaaaay too fast, I might add)

And we definitely want t-shirts! If we get to go to Aruba, Curacao, etc..., what kind of things could we incorporate into the drawing that would scream "Aruba" at us? Okay. Maybe not scream. But you know...For example...last cruise, we went to Costa Rica, so we had a bird, an iguana, butterfly, and orchids included...What do we need to have that says something about the ports we're going to this time (hopefully)?

Sheila<----------wants you to know that "bashy picaroon" is island slang for "fashionable rascal" :p:cool:

I believe they will be announcing the schedule this Friday, May 7! Simply my guess..... I have no inside information!

Bill

Oh ho! Bill, my friend...you are a big tease! I bet half the people reading these posts held their breathe after reading your post, just dreaming that you would be right about that date! :p

I hope you are! :D

Sheila<-------------it makes her heart beat faster just thinking about it:)

Packing for our trip next week and yes, the t-shirt goes but Joe says "No parrot".:mad: I think I will sneak it in the suitcase:D

ROFL! The visual here is a hoot! Just imagine you were a fly on the wall, watching Sue sneaking on all fours across the floor, hiding beside the bed until Joe's back is turned, and all you can see is her little hand raising up to slip the parrot in the suitcase, and then, standing back, grinning like a chessy cat as Joe loads the bag in the car. :p:D;):D

Sheila<---------------glad to see all the people posting and keeping her fingers crossed for Myssie and Linda too

Sunday Jan 1

Monday Jan 9

Tuesday Jan 17

Wednesday Jan 25

Thursday Feb 2

Friday Feb 10

Saturday Feb 18

Sunday Feb 26

Bill

Our preference would be Jan 25 or Feb 2.

And I'm sorry Elaine but now I am rooting for JavaBill to win the pool! :D

If we get to go to Aruba, Curacao, etc..., what kind of things could we incorporate into the drawing that would scream "Aruba" at us? Okay. Maybe not scream. But you know...For example...last cruise, we went to Costa Rica, so we had a bird, an iguana, butterfly, and orchids included...What do we need to have that says something about the ports we're going to this time (hopefully)?

Sheila<----------wants you to know that "bashy picaroon" is island slang for "fashionable rascal" :p:cool:

I haven't done much research on Aruba but I know it is dry in many areas like a desert...maybe a type of cactus...come to think of it, I seem to remember some kind of gnarly, bent, windswept tree representing Aruba...anyone know what I am talking about? I'll have to do some Googling. I always think of waterfalls when I picture the Dominican Republic...no idea about Curacao...Grand Turk has to be Jimmy Buffett/Margaritaville themed...hmmm...that's all I've got for now...

More new posters! Hi!

Susan...take the parrot! :D (post pics when you get back! LOL)

Myssie...I LOVE the idea of a noise attachment! Can you imagine the volume this thread will generate once the itineraries are released?! LOL

Billfish...NICE CATCH! :cool:

Taz...we will be here to keep you company until July and you know'll where to find us when you can! :D

Life is GOOD TODAY

Had a great day Fishing . 17 blues 91 lbs on a day I just went looking. Nice start to the season .... Now if Java's prediction of May 7 comes to be. whoopie

Woo-hoo!! That's great, Bill!! More Fish = More Bloody Mary's and Dirty Bananas! :D

And I'm sorry Elaine but now I am rooting for JavaBill to win the pool! :D

Uh-oh...me, too.....Are we fickle, Debbie? :eek::o;)

I haven't done much research on Aruba but I know it is dry in many areas like a desert...maybe a type of cactus...come to think of it, I seem to remember some kind of gnarly, bent, windswept tree representing Aruba...anyone know what I am talking about? I'll have to do some Googling. I always think of waterfalls when I picture the Dominican Republic...no idea about Curacao...Grand Turk has to be Jimmy Buffett/Margaritaville themed...hmmm...that's all I've got for now...

All good ideas...cactus, waterfall, tivi...vivi...divi...I think, it's divi tree...:)...and Jimmy Buffett....hmmmm....the parrot could stay....maybe Rock and Mirry Waiter could wear parrothead outfits this time! LOL!! :D

Sheila<--------------letting the ideas flooooooooooow:cool:

Here's some info I found on that other online "travel" web site....:rolleyes:

Though Grand Turk is now a part of Eastern Caribbean itineraries, it is interesting to note that the Turks and Caicos are not a part of the Caribbean at all -- each island is surrounded on all sides by the Atlantic Ocean. And though it's only about 30 miles south of the Bahamas, it's not a part of that chain of islands, either.

La Romana, Dominican Republic

Sugar mills gave way to oceanfront resorts in this town on the eastern shores of the Dominican Republic. The talcum-soft sands of some of the country’s most spectacular beaches tickle the toes of lucky beach-goers, and the off-shore islands of Saona and Catalina are easily accessible to swimmers seeking seclusion. Altos de Chavón, a recreated “artist’s village” is reminiscent of the hillside hamlets of Italy and France and chock full of charming details, including cobblestone streets, shady courtyards, and eclectic galleries. Visitors can also sneak a peek at the Chavón River, the location for the film “Apocolypse Now.”

Aruba

Duty-Free Shopping. The main shopping drag in Oranjestad is Caya G. F. Betico Croes. Several malls are located across from the cruise ship terminal; among them are Royal Plaza and Seaport Village Mall for unique jewelry and famous designer clothing stores (from Tommy Hilfiger to Guess). In the heart of Oranjestad are Benetton, Beach Bum Company, The Sting, Mango, Lucor Jewelers, Artistic Boutique, and many others.

Handicrafts at Vibes Aruba (Royal Plaza Mall) has a wide selection of locally made and uniquely Aruban collectors' gift items, such as handmade driftwood candles and paintings and artwork form local artist.

Edible souvenirs from any local grocery store--European soaps and hand creams, Dutch coffees and cheeses, British chocolates and cocoas, and European jams, jellies, and preserves.

Snorkeling (for beginners) and beach bumming can be found at Baby Beach, surrounded by baby-fine powdery white sand and protected by a man-made breakwater, which makes it a perfect for children. You can snorkel in only 205 feet of water to discover gorgeous coral reefs.

One of those much-hyped but still-fascinating attractions is Aruba's Natural Bridge, located on the windward side of the island. The terrain is as rocky and bleak as the moon, and the bridge itself was carved out of rock by the wind. There's a funky little cafe nearby.

The best way to tour the island is in a 4x4; start at the California Lighthouse and head for the Alta Vista Chapel, the Butterfly Farm, the Natural Bridge, Natural Pool, and the abandoned gold mine, and then to Arikok National Park.

Curacao, Netherlands Antilles

Tranquil seas, windswept coast, and swirling windmills decorate this Dutch-influenced Caribbean island. The island benefits from constant trade winds, a built-in air-conditioning system courtesy of Mother Nature. Weathered forts and colorful buildings line the streets of Willemstad, where floating markets display fresh fruit and fish. Hikers in the desert-like interior are treated to exotic vistas of craggy divi divi trees. On the beaches, umbrella-adorned tropical drinks feature the island's well-loved orange-flavored liqueur. Tours of the Curacao Liquor Distillery reveal how the island's self-named drink is produced.

Can we go now???

divi divi tree - never knew that they had a name...I always thought they grew that way due to the salt and wind on the coast. :o

1139861543_dividivitree.jpg.af50d0f27e15bccbedd0aa3b386a71e2.jpg

Richard, Elana and I are rooting for Bill to win too. GO BILL!!!!

LOL!!! We know what we want, don't we, Elaine...whoever gets it right! :D

Happylady, that is fabulous!! Thanks for a great read!

Divi-divi...that's right...Now I can get some sleep tonight...I knew something was bugging me about that! :p:D

Thanks Kathi, here is quick pic of the Aruba bridge.

aruba_bridge_postcard.jpg&h=78&w=116&usg=__8Buc3yzkWum42fV060ugCcAUSow=

Put the other items in around or in front of the bridge! The bridge collasped in 2005 but there is a baby bridge and it is still a visitors site.

Happy Birthday Kathi and Happy Cinci De Mayo to ALL!

Hey anamanxs - I'm in Roanoke, too! :D Does you screen name happen to have anything to do with kitties?

I am voting for May 18th.

Yes, also my car tags! I breed and show Manx kittens!

Yes, also my car tags! I breed and show Manx kittens!

Oh, that's awesome! I am a sucker for any type of cat. :D I have two elderly babies - a 16 year old and one who is almost 19. They are like kids sometimes!

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for the neat port info. I am really wanting more and more to do this trip! :D

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Cinco de Mayo. We had a Mariachi band on the patio at work yesterday. It was a youth group. Nice costumes.They were pretty good. They also had a salsa tasting but I didn't try any.

Happy Birthday to Kathi and did I read it right? Is it vacruzer's birthday too? Happy Birthday to both of you.

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Elaine

Woo-hoo!! That's great, Bill!! More Fish = More Bloody Mary's and Dirty Bananas! :D

I thought Bill was going to stick to Afternoon Tea??!! I was going to join him but if he's going to give in to the temptation of Bloody Mary's & Dirty Bananas.... I guess I will too!

Bill

Hey Mr. Bill, Yes we cant wait but as I hear it may be till end of 2010 before we hear of what itinerary will be with Aruba. Jill and I just signed for Miracle 9/28 out of NY. Will miss you guys.:(

I thought Bill was going to stick to Afternoon Tea??!! I was going to join him but if he's going to give in to the temptation of Bloody Mary's & Dirty Bananas.... I guess I will too!

Bill

Archived