Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

WOW!!! Look what happens when I go to work and can't check every 5 minutes like I have been. YEAH!!!! Jan. 29 works for us too. I'm sure it will be fine with Dana and Rod too. We are 4 FOR SURE!:D:D

Elana is so excited she is shaking her tail feathers all over the office:rolleyes:

I have a question for you Shelia. Can I book with Carnival so I get the cabin I want and then switch over? If I can't not a problem, just wondering.

Elaine

Elaine, I honestly don't know for sure, but I don't think so...From what I remember, no one was successful in doing that with the Miracle cruise...and, as far as I know, no one tried it with the Freedom cruise.

You can book with Carnival and switch to a TA, but (I'm pretty sure) not to a group booking.

Hopefully Laura will make a decision asap, so we can get the cabins we want. :)

Sheila<-----------still doing the happy dance! :D

Great news!!! I like the Jan. 29th date! I was only off by two days on the announcement I think. :p

Vacruizer, you had the closest guess to the Carnival Posting date! You win! Congratulations!! :cool::)

Please email your name and address to me: sheila smithwick at aol dot com (remove all spaces, etc)

Sheila<--------happy dance, happy dance :p:D

I can see clearly now........ Anyone remember that song? I think most of us feel that way right now.... Thanks Carnival for finally posting the dates.....................Heres a link with the song. The "WAIT" is almost over

Thanks to Debbie's post on FB about this cruise!

I am talking to Steph (my wife-to-be) about going...this would be her 1st and my 2nd crusie (my first time was with Tim and Debbie and i LOVED IT!)

Congrats Vacruizer! nicely done.....

Hey Signal9, Jeff, glad you found us. Hope you and Steph can plan that far in advance. 2012 is just a little ways off. Sounds like you could use a cruise to me!:cool:

I have a question for you Shelia. Can I book with Carnival so I get the cabin I want and then switch over? If I can't not a problem, just wondering.

Elaine

I'm not Shelia :rolleyes: but.....

Last fall we were in a "official CC group" (but had to switch dates). If I remember correctly...those that wanted a specific cabin # still called Johna to make their reservations. They had to pay the regular deposit amount rather than take advantage of the reduced rate offered when you reserve a "guaranteed" cabin. But, as part of the group, they still received all the extra goodies like OBC, a gift from CC, etc.

I called Johna this week about the RCL sale and almost made reservations for a short Bahama cruise in Oct. Decide to wait so we'd have more $ for our Alaska cruise next year. Now, I can't wait for us to get the "go ahead" to make these reservations!! (Just a note...all the people that reserved 4B's received upgrades to 7A's...I wonder if this group might also be that lucky. ;))

Elaine, I honestly don't know for sure, but I don't think so...From what I remember, no one was successful in doing that with the Miracle cruise...and, as far as I know, no one tried it with the Freedom cruise.

You can book with Carnival and switch to a TA, but (I'm pretty sure) not to a group booking.

Hopefully Laura will make a decision asap, so we can get the cabins we want. :)

Sheila<-----------still doing the happy dance! :D

Thanks Sheila. To %#$$ with the cabin I want to be booked with the group so I'm good:D

Elaine

Thanks for the info Kathi I'm just going to "wait" patiently :)

Thanks to Debbie's post on FB about this cruise!

I am talking to Steph (my wife-to-be) about going...this would be her 1st and my 2nd crusie (my first time was with Tim and Debbie and i LOVED IT!)

JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be sooo awesome if you guys joined us! This is a fantastic group...but you probably have figured that out already! :D

I'll even buy you a RUM PUNCH!!!!!!! :D

We usually cruise in mid Feb. but could make this date work!! As a CC newbie can I ask a couple stupid questions please?? We book early saver ...how does the guaranteed cabin work. Can you specify balcony...is the deposit lower?? I really want to go on this cruise!!!!!

Sheila will have all the details soon but you will probably have the option to book the group rate with any amenities Sheila is able to negotiate along with a lower down payment for certain "guaranteed" categories -OR- book early saver through the group with no additional perks included. If you book the guarantee, there will probably be certain categories (including at least one balcony category) that you can choose from and the rate will normally be competitive with early saver without the cancellation penalties.

Don't take all of this as gospel.... Things may have changed since our last group cruises. Those of us who know Sheila have faith in her getting the best possible deal and I'm sure she will be giving us details very soon.

Feel free to ask questions.... There are many here that will gladly jump in to answer them!

Bill

Vacruizer, you had the closest guess to the Carnival Posting date! You win! Congratulations!! :cool::)

Please email your name and address to me: sheila smithwick at aol dot com (remove all spaces, etc)

Sheila<--------happy dance, happy dance :p:D

Oh, wow, really? I was just joking - didn't think I'd really win! :p

Sheila will have all the details soon but you will probably have the option to book the group rate with any amenities Sheila is able to negotiate along with a lower down payment for certain "guaranteed" categories -OR- book early saver through the group with no additional perks included. If you book the guarantee, there will probably be certain categories (including at least one balcony category) that you can choose from and the rate will normally be competitive with early saver without the cancellation penalties.

Don't take all of this as gospel.... Things may have changed since our last group cruises. Those of us who know Sheila have faith in her getting the best possible deal and I'm sure she will be giving us details very soon.

Feel free to ask questions.... There are many here that will gladly jump in to answer them!

Bill

Thanks so much Bill!! We aren't real particular other than the balcony being a must!!!

This sounds like FUN!!!

Miracle was our first cruise back when she was brand new and that was what HOOKED US!!! :D:D:D

Bill with the guarateen cabins my only concern is that the kids either be in a connecting or across the hall from us. I've never done that catagory before and was worried the cabins would be seperated. So looking forward to the day I log on and we're "official".:D

I can see clearly now........ Anyone remember that song? I think most of us feel that way right now.... Thanks Carnival for finally posting the dates.....................Heres a link with the song. The "WAIT" is almost over

Hey Tim, and hello everyone.

Of course I remember that song, it's my job as the Trivia & Musical Mojo Manager to know these things. Quite a large group here, I hope everyone is able to book with us. I wonder if there is some type of CC record? Anyway, I'm here L U R K I N G.

Hope all is well with everyone. See you on FB

Bill with the guarateen cabins my only concern is that the kids either be in a connecting or across the hall from us. I've never done that catagory before and was worried the cabins would be seperated. So looking forward to the day I log on and we're "official".:D

Hi, just got off a CC Cruise and I was able to book/select my cabin but had to pay the full deposit at the time. If you add more than 2 to a cabin, you have to pay the full deposit also. I wanted my family next to us so we selected; one inside, one Baclony. The ones that waited got better inside cabins than I did and they were all next to each other but on the 4th floor (French door), it was the Spirit so may wait take my luck with this one.

But, then again with the number, they may need an entire floor for all the people interested in this cruise!

Hello and Welcome The Forever Cruiser. It kind of works like this. Sheila started a thread asking if anyone would be interested in a group cruise on the Miracle in Jan. or Feb. 2012. Once the interest is there Sheila can contact Laura at Cruise Critic to request it be made an offical CC group cruise. Once Laura gives the go ahead Sheila then contacts Johna at Cru Con to get prices and goodies for the group. After all that we can book. I'm sure someone will jump in to correct and/or add to what I have posted. This is one great group. If you cruise with us you will have a lot of fun and make lots of new friends. We will have group activities available but you can do as little or as much with the group as you want.

Right now Shelia is waiting to hear back from Laura.

Laura oh Laura where are you????

Off to work now.

Elaine

Archived