Swimming with the rays question

lgfromdg

My DD is sailing on the Carnival Destiny in June. She is trying to decide whether to do the Gibbs Cay Beach & Stingray Encounter or the Reef & Ray excursion (both through the cruise line) Anyone have an opinion on which is better? Thanks.

I have been waiting to see if anyone else would respond. I suspect that nobody has responded because nobody has been on both and thus can't compare the two.

That said, I have only been to Gibbs Cay during a week long visit to Grand Turk. It was the highlight of our week. The rays are gentle and will come into water as shallow as 6 inches. You can interact as much as you like with them in thigh high water or you can just observe them from the beach. You can see our pictures in an album named "Gibbs Cay" at www.edandnency.shutterfly.com

I suspect (and this is just a guess) that you may see rays on the other excursion that you mentioned but probably not interact with them. Maybe somebody will provide details of that other excursion.

Ed

I replied on another similar thread that we did the Gibbs Cay stingray encounter last year and it was fabulous. The people are nice and the rays come right up to you. You get to hold them, touch them and kiss them.

We loved it so much we are doing the same one again this year.

Archived