Interactive Preview/Review of Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean May 2 to 9, 2010

7x5090g

Sigh....didn't realize that once bandwidth is exceeded all previously posted pictures will not be viewable. So I just upgraded my photobucket.

Now my pictures are back. Just waiting to hook up with Hollybelle's thread when she (her review thread) gets to St Maarten

Sigh....didn't realize that once bandwidth is exceeded all previously posted pictures will not be viewable. So I just upgraded my photobucket.

Now my pictures are back. Just waiting to hook up with Hollybelle's thread when she (her review thread) gets to St Maarten

Yep... photobucket is all nice and free until you get a lot of hits. And it really does take a lot of hits before the free bandwidth is exceeded, so look at it this way... your review ROCKS!! Same thing happened to me last year. ;) The only other option is to wait until the bandwidth resets itself once a month. So, like you, I just ponied up the $30.

So, this whole photobucket thing is new to me. Can we go to the site and view more of your (and Hollybelle's) wonderful photos? Is there a link you post or do we just search on photobucket. Sorry to sound so stupid, but I mainly use picasa and snapfish, so have limited experience with photobucket.

Thanks! Looking forward to the photos!

Pam

Yep... photobucket is all nice and free until you get a lot of hits. And it really does take a lot of hits before the free bandwidth is exceeded, so look at it this way... your review ROCKS!! Same thing happened to me last year. ;) The only other option is to wait until the bandwidth resets itself once a month. So, like you, I just ponied up the $30.

I thought bandwidth usage is calculated by how much I am uploading pics but I guess it also adds up when people open up my thread with the pictures in it too?

So this is the link to the Captain's Circle e newsletter, not to be confused with the Captain's Circle quarterly magazine, which comes in the mail and is, well, like a real magazine.

http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJlWmvPNJRsLGZy5KReikQjlOadmIAjj

So, I received the magazine, received the e-newsletter, but never received the e-mailed comment card. Guess we should have asked for a paper comment card onboard...I didn't realize you could do that!

We just received our Captain's Circle magazine in the mail today and the photo contest is shown on the back cover. The winner for this edition is not all that great, IMHO. It is a photo of two Princess ships docked side by side in Costa Rica. They say they are giving away 4 cruises this year, so you don't have anything to lose from entering the contest!!

Just received the magazine in pdf format via email. Yep that winner won because of the 2 Princess Ships and yes I think a good caption also matters.

I am going to submit the hulahoop and will get DW to submit the one with the plane over our head (as I thought of a great caption)

Just received the magazine in pdf format via email. Yep that winner won because of the 2 Princess Ships and yes I think a good caption also matters.

I am going to submit the hulahoop and will get DW to submit the one with the plane over our head (as I thought of a great caption)

Good luck!! I think your photos are every bit as good (if not better) than the winners on the latest issue!

Andy-

Love, Love, Loved your post!!!!

We are cruising on Emerald in Aug with our 3 yr old. Wondering if you had any pics of the kids center or kids splash pool? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Andy-

Love, Love, Loved your post!!!!

We are cruising on Emerald in Aug with our 3 yr old. Wondering if you had any pics of the kids center or kids splash pool? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

You know, I never even noticed that there was a splash pool on board.

Here are some pics of the kids club

P1050577.jpg

P1050584.jpg

P1050576.jpg

P1050583.jpg

P1050578.jpg

One of our staterooms (the one I stayed) was a quad (D234).

P1050549.jpg

P1050550.jpg

Bath Room:

P1050552.jpg

There were 3 of us – me, DW and my 6 yo DS. We found the room to have ample space in terms of storage, as you can see from the pictures below:

P1050551.jpg

The space underneath the beds were also large so you can push in 3 or 4 large suit cases in there after you empty them. We ended up not needing all the shelf space provided and we used the cabinet underneath the desk to store our soiled clothed over the course of the week. There were also plenty hangers in the closet

Here’s a shot after we finished unpacking:

P1050587.jpg

Thanks for the shot of a full closet! It's hard to picture how much the empty closet will really hold.

Thanks Andy my daughter was thrilled to see the pics. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. Hope ours is just as great!

You are quite welcome. BTW, not sure if you are doing the Eastern or Western. I have included here 7 days of Pelican Press (which listed the activities for the Princess Pelicans 3 - 7 years old). These were posted at the end of each day of my review together with the Princess Patters (general list of daily activities). THese only apply to Eastern but I would imagine they dont change much. BTW, The kids program does include an onshore program at Princess Cays

I can only upload 5 as a maximum so I will upload the other 2 in a separate post

Enjoy

Princess Pelicans Day 1.pdf

Princess Pelicans Day 2.pdf

Princess Pelicans Day 3.pdf

Princess Pelicans Day 4.pdf

Princess Pelicans Day 5.pdf

You are quite welcome. BTW, not sure if you are doing the Eastern or Western. I have included here 7 days of Pelican Press (which listed the activities for the Princess Pelicans 3 - 7 years old). These were posted at the end of each day of my review together with the Princess Patters (general list of daily activities). THese only apply to Eastern but I would imagine they dont change much. BTW, The kids program does include an onshore program at Princess Cays

I can only upload 5 as a maximum so I will upload the other 2 in a separate post

Enjoy

Here are the other 2 days

Princess Pelicans Day 6.pdf

Princess Pelicans Day 7.pdf

Andy-

Thanks for the Pelican posts. We will have the same itinerary. It seems to me that they have more structured activities in longer blocks of time (1/2 to 1 hr) than we experienced on Carnival last year. Looking forward to experiencing all the Emerald has to offer!

Andy-

Thanks for the Pelican posts. We will have the same itinerary. It seems to me that they have more structured activities in longer blocks of time (1/2 to 1 hr) than we experienced on Carnival last year. Looking forward to experiencing all the Emerald has to offer!

You are quite welcome. The Pelican Press of the entire week (personalized with your child's name) will be in your stateroom when you show up.

If you need to check out the daily programs for everyone else, the Princess Patters for each day can be found in this same thread starting on page 4. I post them at the conclusion of each day's review.

Enjoy your cruise. Wish I could do it all over again.

Very nice. Love that they give you the entire weeks worth of kids patters at the beginning of the week. I'm sure you found that it helped with scheduling activities.

Absolutely. But don't forget to go to the kids club to pre-register the very first day/evening. Bring your passports (yours and husband's) so they can take a photocopy. That way every time you or your hubby go pick your child up, you don't need to show your ID. btw, they do give you a pager when you check your child in. They actually paged me once as my son didn't want to watch a movie with the crowd there and wanted to leave.

I just read the entire review from stem to stern (another nautical term). I think I'm

glued to my chair!

Lots of posters have said it makes them more excited about their upcoming Emerald

cruises. Well, it makes me excited about my past Emerald cruise. You showed me the

things I missed on my cruise. Ours was a Baltic/St Petersburg cruise......very port

intensive, so we were exhausted most of the time, and it was way too chilly for

pool games. Wonderful review,and wonderful pictures.....especially the hula hoop

lady. That's a prize winner in my estimation.

Mimi

I just read the entire review from stem to stern (another nautical term). I think I'm

glued to my chair!

Lots of posters have said it makes them more excited about their upcoming Emerald

cruises. Well, it makes me excited about my past Emerald cruise. You showed me the

things I missed on my cruise. Ours was a Baltic/St Petersburg cruise......very port

intensive, so we were exhausted most of the time, and it was way too chilly for

pool games. Wonderful review,and wonderful pictures.....especially the hula hoop

lady. That's a prize winner in my estimation.

Mimi

Thanks Mimi for the kind words.

Andy you must somehow submit the Princess Cays picture. That is really the type of photo that has won over the past 18 or so years. Princess will love it - it's a winner!

Great review, thanks for taking us along.

Absolutely. But don't forget to go to the kids club to pre-register the very first day/evening. Bring your passports (yours and husband's) so they can take a photocopy. That way every time you or your hubby go pick your child up, you don't need to show your ID. btw, they do give you a pager when you check your child in. They actually paged me once as my son didn't want to watch a movie with the crowd there and wanted to leave.

Thanks for the passport tip. I knew we would have to register the first evening, but not having to have ID each time will save a lot of time. I rarely carry anything with me around the ship.

Andy,

Thank you so much for the AMAZING review. I am 33 days away from a back to back 14 night East/West on the Emerald, and this is the review I wanted to see. This will be my first time on Princess, and only my second cruise. I will be taking my new wife, we are getting married on June 19th, and honestly can't wait to leave my 21 nad 19 year olds, and her 11 year old, and enjoy the trip of a lifetime!! I took plenty of notes from you and can't tell you how much your review has excited me, but SERIOUSLY seems to have slowed the clock down!

Thanks Again,

Woody

Archived