PV Zip Lines

p74644

My kids did the "Extreme Canopy" tour with Carnival and LOVED it. It took about 7.5 hours. They even took them to the Tequila Factory afterwards which was another excursion but they took them anyway. They were really well taken care of and I didn't have to worry while they were gone. It was worth every penny! It was the highlight of their cruise. Here is one of the pics of them :) You can see them all by clicking that cruise in my signature.

IMG_01852.jpg

We booked the Los Veranos Canopy tour in PV on our own before we left. Used their website and I think there was more than one time available. We took a taxi to their downtown office and then we boarded a bus to the zip line. It was a great time. We had 4 adults and 3 kids (13,10 & 9) and we all enjoyed it. They have a great restaurant that we had lunch at when we were done. Took bus back to their office and then taxi to the pier.

We booked the Los Veranos Canopy tour in PV on our own before we left. Used their website and I think there was more than one time available. We took a taxi to their downtown office and then we boarded a bus to the zip line. It was a great time. We had 4 adults and 3 kids (13,10 & 9) and we all enjoyed it. They have a great restaurant that we had lunch at when we were done. Took bus back to their office and then taxi to the pier.

How long was your tour? My kids are one year older than yours and the exact spacing. How tiring was it for the kids and for the parents (lol)? The about pic is so cool but 7.5hrs is a long time.

4 of us did the Los Veranos Tour as well. Very professional group. The video and photograph as well. They are very safety conscious and make sure you have a great time.... FYI- don't forget the bug spray- mosquitos.... The area is beautiful where you zipline. After the zipping you end up at their bar/outdoor restaurant where you can do some celebratory shots of tequila. Great food also. A definite recommend!

I think it was under 4 hours. The only tiring part was walking up to the next platform. They don't rush you and it is so worth it. I would consider it a "moderate" activity level. They also have a secure locker area for your belongings...

4 of us did the Los Veranos Tour as well. Very professional group. The video and photograph as well. They are very safety conscious and make sure you have a great time.... FYI- don't forget the bug spray- mosquitos.... The area is beautiful where you zipline. After the zipping you end up at their bar/outdoor restaurant where you can do some celebratory shots of tequila. Great food also. A definite recommend!

Hubby and oldest son did Los Vernos as well and LOVED IT. It used to be owned by an American.

This was in 2006 and at that time...there were 14 stands.

It was quite a bit cheaper than Carnival's excursion.

Hubby had no problem grabbing a taxi to their office ...they handle the rest of the transportation from the office and back to the office and then you grab a taxi from the office back to the ship.

I am thinking it used to be $3 a person each way for the taxis????

Do It!!! :D

We were on the same cruise as CruisinJen and did the Vallarta Adventures - Outdoor Adventure. We highly recommend it.

We did book via Carnival (called Extreme Canopy) only because of the distance from the ship and having to drive on some 4x4 truck. I liked that extra confidence and insurance in case something broke down or there was a problem and not being able to make it back to the ship.

Started with a Zodiac Ride to Boca de Tomatlan,

march2010cruise258.jpgmarch2010cruise287.jpgthen the truck ride to the Base Camp.

march2010cruise278.jpg

After getting rigged up, we did a mule ride to the zip lines.

I think there were 8-10 zip lines, and 2 rappels. One down the face of a waterfall and the other a free rappel just hanging down.

original.jpg

After we stopped by Tequila Don Chendo for some tasting.

Zodiac ride back with a stop by Los Arcos to feed some fish.

We had plenty of time before to go shopping take the stuff back on board. After we had plenty of time to take a cab to the Malecon to pick up some Huichol Art.

march2010cruise316.jpg

Plus walk around and have dinner.

Hi AnotherLurker! My kids weren't tired at all and my 18 year old loved his little donkey he rode up the hill. They had so much fun the rest of us were really jealous that we didnt take the same tour! But DH and I are on the "Fluffy" side and we were sure we would take down the zipline once we were on it!! :D

Hi AnotherLurker! My kids weren't tired at all and my 18 year old loved his little donkey he rode up the hill. They had so much fun the rest of us were really jealous that we didnt take the same tour! But DH and I are on the "Fluffy" side and we were sure we would take down the zipline once we were on it!! :D

I'll see your "Fluffy" and raise you since I'm "Husky" :p

I felt sorry for my donkey lol, I told my DW the donkeys all probably looked at me and tried not to make eye contact with anyone when the guides were walking up to me. :eek:

I did get a little winded on one of the walks up, but my DW waited for me like a trooper and had water waiting :o Even after the fact, I'm so glad we decided to do this excursion!

IMG_0378.jpg

How long was your tour? My kids are one year older than yours and the exact spacing. How tiring was it for the kids and for the parents (lol)? The about pic is so cool but 7.5hrs is a long time.

I think we did an 11:00 am tour and were back to the pier by 4:00 pm. It was not tiring for the kids. My son was the 9 yr old and he was first in our group the whole time. We usually saw him ziping by as we were still climbing to the platform. The adults were winded when we were climbing, but we were never rushed. We had lots of fun and toward the end some of us had guides travel the lines with us and we "hung" upside down for part of a zip line.

Archived