Infinity staterooms

carlyshenk

We're planning a cruise to Alaska in 2005. Has anyone stayed in the staterooms connecting to the Penthouse suites on the Penthouse deck? They are rooms 6145 and 6146. We're thinking about booking one of those if they're available.

Carol

I booked cabin 6145 on the Summit. I beleive the ships have the same deck plan. I have read that these SS are 30% larger than other SS and are among the nicest suites on the ship. The bathroom is huge, and the cabin has upgraded decor to match the penthouse suite. The only "disadvantage" (if you want to call it that) is that it has a single glass stateroom door to the balcony, not a double sliding one. The balcony is also 192 sq ft. Giving that the sun rises at 4am and sets at 10pm in Alaska, I do not mind having a little less light in a ss that huge and beautiful. If you can get the cabin, grab it, as it will not last very long. I had not idea until after I booked the suite, I just saw from the deck plan that it looked very big, so I took it and asked questions later. For the money, you can't go wrong!

Hi Kathleen,

That was our first request. Unfortunately, I guess we were too late. We did get the Sky Suite 6132 which has a larger balcony. We contacted our TA as soon as the itinerary was released and we still missed getting those Sky Suites connected to the Penthouse Suites. But, I'm sure we'll enjoy the cruise. Thanks for your reply.

Carol

Hi Kathleen,

We thought about the angle of the balcony when we put this cabin on our list. I think we'll have a good view looking forward and aft. The cabin size and bathroom won't be as large as 6145 or 6146, but I know we'll have a great time. I can't believe we have over a year to wait.

Carol

Archived